Pearse Doherty and David McWilliams "Burn the bondholders"

Seanie Lemass

Crap.
This entire country went on a wild spending party.

Blaming FF alone for the problem is just political witch hunting.

Did the entire country also close down the sugar industry and sack hundreds of people in order to allow a gang of speculators to collect compo money and build apartments where the factories sued to be?

hibernian56

This is scary. It is sobering to realize that Sinn Féin believed it was a good idea to bail out Anglo Irish. Shame on them.
I guess this leaves us with only Labour to support in the coming election.
I like it, Labour probably didn't vote for it because they had to wait for the committee to vote on which comrades would attend the meeting to discuss what the comrades should do.

Or, more probably, Bruton didn't understand the lies she was being fed. Why make a decision when you can sit on the fence?

From what I believe the info given by FF was misleading and made it look like a cashflow issue. The banks lied to FF, FF lied to us. The banks get paid, FF get shafted, which don't get me wrong is poetic justice.

The Field Marshal

Did the entire country also close down the sugar industry and sack hundreds of people in order to allow a gang of speculators to collect compo money and build apartments where the factories sued to be?
Yes.
The Irish electorate voted for the EU.who were largely instrumental in that particular closure
They also voted for a free society where investors can acquire land and develop it.

Clearly you object to democracy,the private ownership and the transferrment of property.
I suggest you emigrate to Mugabes Zimbabwe where you will receive a warm welcome

CarnivalOfAction

Thats what happens from listening to shysters like Mc Williams and Doherty
:rolleyes:
I saw some clowen on p.ie y'day saying Pearse was an "economic illiterate" [yea, again!] coz he claimed that the very well-off would gain from the budget; 2day FG & LP are echoing his claims. Slow learners or wha'?

Last edited:

Seanie Lemass

Yes.
The Irish electorate voted for the EU.who were largely instrumental in that particular closure
They also voted for a free society where investors can acquire land and develop it.

Clearly you object to democracy,the private ownership and the transferrment of property.
I suggest you emigrate to Mugabes Zimbabwe where you will receive a warm welcome

I suggest you stop trying to be condescending to your moral and intellectual superiors;)

Oh and maybe read what the EU court of auditors said about the closure of the sugar factory. They did NOT tell your gang to close it. They closed it for, eh, other reasons best known to themselves.

You sound like a bit of an imbecile if you don't mind me being personal....

Capt Blah

Website
www.mehearty.blogspot.com
(Or maybe, just maybe, triggering another credit crisis in the financial system isn't such a good idea.)
The point is that the banks are the ones with the problem. They should have been allowed to fail because they are - er - failed businesses!

That's the way it works for every other business. Why should the banks be a special case?

Had the government allowed the banks to collapse whilst taking measures to protect the savings of depositors then, at least, we would be in a manageable situation.

The government's plan is both stupid and damaging. What they have done, to solve the problems caused by lenders giving people money that they cannot pay back, is to get the nation into debt that it can never pay back.

They have taken a banking problem and made it into a national disaster.

And you worry about "another credit crisis"? petunia

eoghanacht

What about this fella?
Since you request me to dismiss him I have now done so.
[In terms of the quote you have posted purported to be from mohamed el erianhis statement is actually meaningless since the burden of the costs of the banks is being shared by the EU,IMF and private creditors]

It seems to me his dismissal was well deserved.

Poor eoghanacht has his doubts.
Thats what happens from listening to shysters like Mc Williams and Doherty
:rolleyes:
So now your calling into question the BBC's integrity. So which is it the BBC are lying or the man who cotrols one of the largest invetment portfolio's in the world is lying?

The Field Marshall is full of ************************

Christ you FF'ers have some neck.

Capt Blah

Website
www.mehearty.blogspot.com
HAHAHA!

I have just heard that Lenihan will tax future banker bonuses at the 90% rate -- but not the 40 mil that AIB is currently paying its staff.

A classic example of bolting the stable door after the hoors have deposited!

Will FF ever find themselves in a proactive stance about anything?

Ever?

Mister men

Crap.
This entire country went on a wild spending party.

Blaming FF alone for the problem is just political witch hunting.
Your post shows how detacted from reality you really are. Sad in a way tbh.

umbrey

turdsl

Yes.

Would we know the difference, Fianna Fail have destroyed our economy, We are disgraced worldwide because the IMF had to come in, They had to be brought to court by Sinn Fein to hold a by-election which was overdue. There are still elections been refused bv our government.

pjoz

Kalan

Kalan

For the Schumpeterian creative destruction to operate there have to be winners and losers in capitalism.
Those who invest take risks, and are rewarded for taking that risk. If the investment fails then they lose.
Bailing out British and German bondholders with Irish taxpayer money is contrary to this fundamental dynamic of capitalism.
Many conservative economists are in favour of default,-or, more politely, debt restructuring.
Debt restructuring is fundamental to the free market ideology of the IMF.
That the Irish negotiators did not insist on such restructuring because of pressure from the ECB, shows their weakness and has resulted in an IMF/EU agreement which is not sustainable.
Even if this agreement is passed by the Dail next week it will eventually have to be renegotiated.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies