• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Pearse Doherty on Moncrieff

Colin M

On right now. Very good interviewing by Moncrieff, not too heavy or light. Talking about the Donegal result in the referendum, right now.

Bren Boru

Newstalk doing news? I thought it was gradually moving away from that ball and chain.

Jackass

A very good interview. Vincent Brown could do with listening to Moncrieff. VB asks and answers his own questions. Moncrieff is by far the best media commentator in Ireland.
Who was the person talking about the comparisons between FF and FG?

Last edited:

'orebel

A very good interview. Vincent Brown could do with listening to Moncrieff. VB asks and answers his own questions. Moncrieff is by far the best media commentator in Ireland.
Who was the person talking about the comparisons between FF and FG?
Gene Kerrigan I think. Talking a lot of sense too.

Colin M

The guy who Moncrieff was talking to a few mins ago, went off to answer his door. :D

Eoin Coir

Gene Kerrigan I think. Talking a lot of sense too.
Kerrigan was not asked one question about the rag he writes for - the Sindo. It contrtibuted to the collapse here, by admiringf the stars, Sean Dunne (hubby of columnist Gayle Killalea) and of course Harris and Corcoran here, one Bertie Ahern.
Moncrief is good and well briefed, something RTE could copy.

statsman

Kerrigan was not asked one question about the rag he writes for - the Sindo. It contrtibuted to the collapse here, by admiringf the stars, Sean Dunne (hubby of columnist Gayle Killalea) and of course Harris and Corcoran here, one Bertie Ahern.
Moncrief is good and well briefed, something RTE could copy.
If Moncrieff was that good and well-briefed would he not have asked those questions?

Eoin Coir

If Moncrieff was that good and well-briefed would he not have asked those questions?
While he did not put the Sindo background to Kerrigan, Moncrief was very good on radical solutions being put forward by likes of Kerrrigan and others given our precarious position and not being in a position to dictate to anyone.

Little_Korean

Was the interview that vapid that people can only talk about the show and not what was said?

firefly123

Kerrigan is one of the very few good things about the sindo rag. How he still writes for them and has not been kicked out is beyond me. He must have a table to himself at the Christmas party.

EUrJokingMeRight

Moncrieff is a very underrated talent.
In fairness no he is not. He shy's away from issues all the time with unwarranted dismissive responses and personal jibes and will never say a bad word about certain things. Listening to him crawl away from any issue which may cast the fairer sex in a poor light makes me think that he maybe terrified of being single.

He has a talent in that he has a good command of the English language and can be occasionally funny, though as a broadcaster/comedian mix I'd say that he is so happy to have a steady job and that this comes through with his fixation with an overall banal presenting style. Steady as she goes.......

He may be more talented than a lot of terrible presenters but alongside actual talent, he comes up very short imho.

Gurdiev

He's a very bright guy, with a very sensitive approach. Mature and emotionally intelligent .
His show is perfectly pitched for the slot it's in . He doesnt set himself up as apolitical commentarist . He's more arts and lifestyle.

Don't knock him because he's not Paxman,.

Colin M

Was the interview that vapid that people can only talk about the show and not what was said?
OK, calm down. I have not checked into this thread since yesterday afternoon.

Doherty nd Moncrieff talked about the rise of shootings again up in the North, and Doherty was very passionate sounding about how a few people wanting to bring us back to the bad old days. Also, he said that just because Donegal people voted 'no' in the referendum, does not mean that they don't serially reject everything, and that they have voted 'yes' to issues in the past.

Anyway, it was good because Moncrieff wasn't trying to be another Browne or Paxman, and interrupt so much,and Doherty seemed to be more open than he probably usually is.

Last edited: