Pence: who is he and will he be the real power in a Trump administration?

Mercurial

No problem with parents enforcing a "gender conversion" though. That is legal - and even tax subsidised - right now.
Because one is believed by experts to contribute to the mental wellbeing of children, while the other amounts to psychological torture.

owedtojoy

If you had a scintilla of credibility you'd close your account here.
That does not even make sense ...

Please do not get the idea that I give a rat's ass for your opinion, just because I responded.

GDPR

Because one is believed by experts to contribute to the mental wellbeing of children, while the other amounts to psychological torture.
Why is it that Transgendered (sic) men and women have much higher rate of suicide and self harm than normal people that has increased and not decreased with its social acceptability (the same can be said for homosexuality though not on nearly a severe scale)? Gender dysporia is a very serious mental illness and while its promotion as a valid "lifestyle choice" might suit the Social Engineers and the Oligarchs behind them it does not objectively suit the sufferers.

asset test

Back to Pence.

He is the perfect deligatee (is that a word?) for Trump I think.

He is a legislator, he knows the ropes. Donald will just say feck it, that's grand Mike, thanks.

Now how has my stock risen last night, and did you fire that mad bstard from Trump University yet. I told you to do it yesterday.

This could be very interesting. A puppet president with a veep pulling the strings.

ger12

Yep, he's very pro life and anti abortion.

There was an American gentleman on Newstalk (I think) the morning after the election. He reckoned that abortion was a factor in Trump winning. Very interesting commentary from him (I think he was a democrat).

My American friends mum who told me some months ago that she was going to vote for Trump (had voted Democrat up for decades) gave me two reasons - sick of corruption and Clintons late term abortions support.

Pence will be interesting.

robut

So PENCE and this guy?? Interesting mix?

The architect of the most racist law in modern American history has been named to Trump's team

Kris Kobach, the extremely controversial Kansas secretary of state, has been named to Donald Trump's transition team.

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach has been asked to join President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team.
Why should this terrify you?

Because Donald Trump has just named one of the most racist politicians in all of America to his transition team. Kris Kobach was the architect of the most racist law in modern American history. SB 1070 passed in Arizona in 2010. What did it mean? If you have brown skin or an accent, police had a right to stop you, detain you and demand you prove your citizenship.
I am way behind the 8 ball when it comes to the people ( except for the big names ) behind American politics. So P.IEers whats your take on this appointment? Who is this guy Kris Kobach? Should we be terrified as it says above?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Pence is the person with the strongest soft power against Trump

The focus ought not really to be on his social conservatism ... but what Pence might do if Trump does not stop embracing racists and fascists

Pence ... like it or not ... has a moral code ... we should try to understand it better

cyp

Prester Jim

The focus ought not really to be on his social conservatism ... but what Pence might do if Trump does not stop embracing racists and fascists

Pence ... like it or not ... has a moral code ... we should try to understand it better

cyp
He is an unchristian Christian.
That means he believes in judging others and restricting their freedom of action while being vehemently against redistribution of wealth and pro the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. No idea how people can square the latter with calling themselves Christian but there you go.
I thought Trump was bad, now i'm more worried that he dies before his four years are up.
Wasn't it said that he offered Kasich the VP job and told him (Kasich) that he could handle foreign affairs, the economy and internal affairs and Trump would take care of everything else?
If that story is true the US has been put in the hands of an even more dangerous anti-scientific, hypocritical, individualist then Trump.

petaljam

Yep, he's very pro life and anti abortion.
Assuming you aren't just repeating yourself here, what's the difference?
Because afaiaa he's expressed himself strongly in favour of the death penalty. So I can't really see what you mean here.

There was an American gentleman on Newstalk (I think) the morning after the election. He reckoned that abortion was a factor in Trump winning. Very interesting commentary from him (I think he was a democrat).

My American friends mum who told me some months ago that she was going to vote for Trump (had voted Democrat up for decades) gave me two reasons - sick of corruption and Clintons late term abortions support.
Bit odd that Teddy Kennedy and various other Dems never bothered her before then isn't it?

Pence will be interesting.
And apart from the abortion issue, how are you with a (vice) presidency that potentially wants to prevent schools from teaching evolution as a more reliable theory than creation? Or that public funds may be made available to "cure" homosexuality but not to make contraception available to the poor?

petaljam

cyp
Whatever his moral code may be, it wasn't strong enough to stop him supporting Trump when many other Republicans felt he'd gone beyond what was acceptable. So it seems to be a very adaptable moral code, certainly as long as Pence's personal interests are well enough served.

wombat

I'll be surprised if Trump shares power with Pence, he needed him for the election but he has served his purpose and will have to make do with LBJ's bucket of warm p1ss.:lol:

petaljam

I'll be surprised if Trump shares power with Pence, he needed him for the election but he has served his purpose and will have to make do with LBJ's bucket of warm p1ss.:lol:
You think Trump is interested in running the country then? I don't get that feeling about him, he seems to me more like a barroom strategist (or indeed a number of posters on here) - mouthing off more than anything else. But maybe I'm wrong, and he really does think he has useful insights and ideas that nobody else has had.

talkingshop

No it's not - despite all the trans and LGBT bullying on this, it is not correct to say that there is a consensus among the so-called experts as to gender transition being an appropriate course of action for children.

ger12

Assuming you aren't just repeating yourself here, what's the difference?
Because afaiaa he's expressed himself strongly in favour of the death penalty. So I can't really see what you mean here.

Bit odd that Teddy Kennedy and various other Dems never bothered her before then isn't it?

And apart from the abortion issue, how are you with a (vice) presidency that potentially wants to prevent schools from teaching evolution as a more reliable theory than creation? Or that public funds may be made available to "cure" homosexuality but not to make contraception available to the poor?
Yeh, whatever ...

Mercurial

Why is it that Transgendered (sic) men and women have much higher rate of suicide and self harm than normal people that has increased and not decreased with its social acceptability (the same can be said for homosexuality though not on nearly a severe scale)? Gender dysporia is a very serious mental illness and while its promotion as a valid "lifestyle choice" might suit the Social Engineers and the Oligarchs behind them it does not objectively suit the sufferers.
Basically, it's your fault.

wombat

You think Trump is interested in running the country then? I don't get that feeling about him, he seems to me more like a barroom strategist (or indeed a number of posters on here) - mouthing off more than anything else. But maybe I'm wrong, and he really does think he has useful insights and ideas that nobody else has had.
He has put a lot of his cash where his mouth is, he reminds me of Thatcher, nobody believed she meant what she said until she did it.

Mercurial

No it's not - despite all the trans and LGBT bullying on this, it is not correct to say that there is a consensus among the so-called experts as to gender transition being an appropriate course of action for children.
You're really the last person I would trust to give an accurate account of the consensus of experts on trans issues.

Of course, actual transitioning only happens when the person is judged old enough to make such an important decision.

D

Deleted member 17573

You're really the last person I would trust to give an accurate account of the consensus of experts on trans issues.

Of course, actual transitioning only happens when the person is judged old enough to make such an important decision.
But the conditioning starts a lot sooner - when the correct course would be to watch carefully and wait for the child to mature before doing anything.

New Threads

Most Replies