Pensioner Left To Die On Trolley

CptSternn

Pensioner left to die on trolley in Emergency Department at UHG - Connacht Tribune - Galway City Tribune

Investigation launched after woman in her 80s dies on hospital trolley

An investigation has been launched into the case of a woman in her late 80s who was left to die on a trolley while waiting to be seen at the Emergency Department in University Hospital Galway.

The unit was on ‘Code Black’ of its Full Capacity Protocol at the time – the highest alert level for overcrowding at the hospital.

She was left waiting on the trolley for several hours and passed away after suffering what are believed to be cardiac-related difficulties.
No word from Leo on the matter. I wonder how he and Fine Gael will spin this one.

GDPR

With the 26 counties flooded with half a million immigrants, of course our own people are being left to die. The Native Irish are now superfluous to gombeen profit.

Socratus O' Pericles

Shocking really, really appalling.

I am privy to a little inside chat and this winter is going to be carnage in the A&Es, 264 on Trolleys today and its Friday only the first day of autumn-there were over 400 twice this month.

https://www.inmo.ie/Trolley_Ward_Watch

We need a Health Party.

damus

Why was she on a trolley in the public waiting area and where was the person from the nursing home who should have accompanied and stayed with her?

GDPR

Very unfortunate and sad for that lady and her family, the lack of dignity is appalling. Let's cut to the chase though, a review or perhaps several will find in several months that the 'system' let this lady down, no one was responsible, we will put forward changes to the system etc.

GDPR

Very unfortunate and sad for that lady and her family, the lack of dignity is appalling. Let's cut to the chase though, a review or perhaps several will find in several months that the 'system' let this lady down, no one was responsible, we will put forward changes to the system etc.
How is the health service possibly going to deal with an extra 500,000 people in the last few years - and much more to come?

tigerben

Had to watch my aunt January just past on a trolley in a very over crowd A and E in CUH . It was heartbreaking to see people of all ages lying there , some like my aunt barely alive. You can taste and smell the fear of the older people when unconscious people are wheeled in to a side room or if they get a bed and are wheel through the A&E with dignity stripped from them. You just have to wonder why it's so bad . This woman's family will get I'm sorry ect of the hospital and the health minister and it's back to normal then . Can't see it ever getting better , we've had no new hospitals like we've had with schools for the extra population we have taking in. Extensions yes but we could do with community hospitals doing day procedures and X-rays to free up hospital beds in cities.

GDPR

How is the health service possibly going to deal with an extra 500,000 people in the last few years - and much more to come?
Re immigration I am quite conservative, yet I don't believe that this thread is the appropriate forum.

GDPR

Re immigration I am quite conservative, yet I don't believe that this thread is the appropriate forum.
How can it not be appropriate if adding 500,000 people to an already weak system is the primary cause of the current collapse?

Socratus O' Pericles

I'm guessing Harris will be on the 9 o clock News with the usual host of platitudes. But his abiding thoughts will be , how long 'till this passes over.

toughbutfair

We spend enough on health. No more should be spent. They should get somebody senior from France or Spain to reorganise the whole structure of the service.

wombat

I wonder who decided that a woman in her late 80's should be moved to an emergency dept? My father died at home at 90 of kidney failure but really of old age. There was no point in moving him to hospital, he was dying.

blokesbloke

It is if it's relevant, and it is.

Immigration doesn't just provide staff for the health system, it also creates more demand on it.

It's pointless to pretend it's not a factor.

tigerben

We spend enough on health. No more should be spent. They should get somebody senior from France or Spain to reorganise the whole structure of the service.
We should join forces with the NHS to buy medicine and drugs as one. As a small country we get poor savings from drug companies , even from those that make the drugs here.

captain obvious

It is if it's relevant, and it is.

Immigration doesn't just provide staff for the health system, it also creates more demand on it.

It's pointless to pretend it's not a factor.
The real problem is the decision makers will never find themselves in that position. Running the health service into the ground is an abstract, academic exercise.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies