People Begin Living Without Electricity and Water in California

TheEndIsNigh

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQXU9Kzgr8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - People Begin Living Without Electricity and Water in California[/ame]

Mister men

Get a job ya bum.

jcdf

Not a very good video. It is just one mans opinion and his camera in the dark. Where are the stats and proof?

People have been living off Grid for years in CA and using springs rather than supplied water................they may have been environmentalists initially but living off grid was a way for many people of spelling out their retreat from the rat race.

YoungLiberal

Yes, 49 million people are hungery in the USA. Capitalism is a failed system and is collapsing all around us:

Record: 49 Million Hungry in America | Stuffed and Starved
Come on now, Cael, that's not true, we've been over this multiple times now.

All that survey states is that 49 million American skipped a meal or had a smaller sized portion once in the last year due to a lack of money.

I wish you'd stop lying. It's unbecoming.

TheEndIsNigh

All that survey states is that 49 million American skipped a meal or had a smaller sized portion once in the last year due to a lack of money.

Indeed,and there was no response from him when I pointed out the food plight of the average Cuban either.He lives in La La Land that fella...

TheEndIsNigh

Not yet.Not exactly the American dream either.

Cael

Once or more times. Im just quoting the survey. Capitalism cant be that great if even people in the richest capitalist country have to go hungry.

cry freedom

" I have seen future, and it doesn't work" :eek:

TheEndIsNigh

Solent Green is the future unless people wake up pronto.

Rhubarbless

The greatest country in the world!

I bet those people would think they had died and gone to heaven if they were sent back in time to the USSR or DDR in the 1970s. Guaranteed job, lots of housing, free childcare, free university, free healthcare etc
I am not quite sure how to define greatness. If it is the greatest good for the most people then you can plot a histogram of numbers of people versus quality of life. The area under the curve would be “greatness.”

You could have a wedge, or a rectangle, or a bell-shape all with the same area, or the same “greatness.” Does liberty and opportunity maximize the area under the curves? I don’t know. Is a bell shape too high of a price to pay for those at the bottom even if the overall area is larger? Maybe. If the curve was a rectangle with everybody equally satisfied would the area shrink over time do to lack of motivation? Possibly.

The USA is just an experiment, land of the free, home of the brave. It's pretty good but as they say, good is the enemy of great.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com

I bet those people would think they had died and gone to heaven if they were sent back in time to the USSR or DDR in the 1970s. Guaranteed job, lots of housing, free childcare, free university, free healthcare etc
Sounds like Ireland just a few years ago!!!:confused:

CookieMonster

You're not talking to a sane or reasonable man. Just ignore him, everybody else does and it's much easier.

Ó Donnchadha

Once or more times. Im just quoting the survey. Capitalism cant be that great if even people in the richest capitalist country have to go hungry.
Do you work Cael ?

sparkey321

Funny thing....

Communism, the USSR and the DDR DID collapse and crumble..

They had to build walls to stop their people from running away.
They had to shoot their own citizens to prevent them leaving these Utopian countries.

It was a dream, a bad dream that fell apart.

Foreign Agent

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies