people dead explosion Saint Petersburg metro station

Surkov

If Terrorism, I wonder why St. Petersburg in particular was targeted? A lot of tourists visit St. Petersburg. As with London, we could be looking at deaths + injured persons from multiple countries.

Between London, and now this (if also confirmed to be Islamic terrorism), people in cities across the world will be wondering who will be next.

Cellachán Chaisil

Who wants to rule out the fsb?

Erudite Caveman

Say what now ? ISIS relies on Chechen fighters to lead and install fear among its recruits. Last time I looked ISIS was Islamist.
That has no bearing on their fight with Russia. They are mercenaries in Syria and elsewhere. But with Russia it is personal.

dalyp

Can we just do a search and replace on the Westminster attack- save everyone posting the same sh!te all over again.

Cellachán Chaisil

I would think the CIA a much more likely secret police group to be involved in this - maybe using Islamic terror proxies.
Why? It's not like the FSB don't have form.

silverharp

If Terrorism, I wonder why St. Petersburg in particular was targeted? A lot of tourists visit St. Petersburg. As with London, we could be looking at deaths + injured persons from multiple countries.

Between London, and now this (if also confirmed to be Islamic terrorism), people in cities across the world will be wondering who will be next.
Putin was supposed to be visiting the city, so maybe to make a point

bormotello

If Terrorism, I wonder why St. Petersburg in particular was targeted? A lot of tourists visit St. Petersburg.
Because Moscow is more heavily guarded and St. Petersburg is second capital of Russia.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Blow back from Syria?
Why do people like you always look for some direct link between recent events and terrorist attacks?

You'd think that there hadn't been any other terrorist attacks against Russia, and that nobody had considered such a thing until Russia got involved in Syria.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account
Peter's metro is always busy, but its odd to have done this in the afternoon rather than at rush hour.

That may point to a mentally-ill lone wolf with some beef against Putin.
:roll:

Top Bottom