Performance Issues - Upgrade Update

rainmaker

Administrator
Good evening folks, Monte has given the go ahead for conversion to Xenforo. We will begin the installation either today or over the weekend.

There will be some downtime when it comes to the final import but this should finally resolve most of the errors people are getting on vBulletin.

When the conversion is complete, all members will have to re-enter/change their passwords one more time. There is no way around this, I'm afraid. The import cannot retrieve existing passwords because they are encrypted.

Please bear with us during this work, this migration will provide the forum with far better performance, stability and security going forward - this can only be a positive thing in the long run.

Last edited:

GabhaDubh

One thing I greatly miss on the new Home Page, was the “started date” which was next to the posters name, below the thread title.

rainmaker

Administrator
Update

The Migration may not be completed until after the weekend, this is due to circumstances beyond the control of P.ie.

Once we have completed the migration we may possibly be without a dedicated homepage, at least at first. However embedding media such as mentions, likes and Tweets will be available.

DJP

Website
darrenjprior.blogspot.ie
Thanks for your recent work and I do think this site looks better now.

Another question on the upgrade- embedded videos from Youtube are not displaying- can this be fixed? (There are a few that I want displayed in the Gaeilge forum in particular and will reupload them tomorrow or over the next few days if necessary but I thought I would ask you to possibly save me the effort of reuploading them :)).

Tech Support

Administrator
Another question on the upgrade- embedded videos from Youtube are not displaying- can this be fixed? (There are a few that I want displayed in the Gaeilge forum in particular and will reupload them tomorrow or over the next few days if necessary but I thought I would ask you to possibly save me the effort of reuploading them :)).
I'll see what can be done. To embed new videos, twitter, etc., use the media icon:

media button.png

Reactions: DJP