Pervert receives no criminal conviction. Church recommended leniency.

realistic1

Found this case to be very worrying, when it comes to the protection of our children.

The Church called for leniency for one if its worshipers who pleaded guilty to the sexual assault of a 16-year-old boy. Judge Durcan said that the matter could be resolved without criminalising the man and said that the matter could be struck out if the man pays €1,000 to the Court Discretionary Fund by July of this year.

This Pervert has got married recently and is heavily involved in his local Christian church. Surely these point alone should raise some flags.

Will the pervert be in contact with children in his marriage and Church?

Has the Pervert been added to the sex offenders list?

Church asks court for leniency as man pleads guilty to sexual assault

eoghanacht

And the Kerry Priest that wrote a letter of support for a rapist.

Weird sex cult stands up for its own, surprisingly it's not the first or last, and some of our politicians aren't adverse to doing same.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Funnily enough, something quite similar happened to me once as a youth. My first reaction was to think that I'd also be inclined to be relatively forgiving, yet vigilant of the man.

Then I thought that when it happened to me (the details of the contact are almost identical) I was of age (about 20, I'd say).

16 ain't of age. That would colour my view a good deal.

mr_anderson

He has publicly confessed his actions to the church congregation and this has been personally humiliating for him before his family, friends and church community.
What happened was totally out of character for him, we can only categorise the incident as a one off.
This man is a changed man since he joined the church.”

So was this offence before or after he joined the church ?
Does he have a 'past' ?
Does this include paedophilia ?

The victim is not a family member and could not be linked by naming the guilty party.
So why isn't this sex offender being named ?

mr_anderson

Funnily enough, something quite similar happened to me once as a youth. My first reaction was to think that I'd also be inclined to be relatively forgiving, yet vigilant of the man.

Then I thought that when it happened to me (the details of the contact are almost identical) I was of age (about 20, I'd say).

16 ain't of age. That would colour my view a good deal.

Perhaps someone could argue, but my completely uneducated guess is that such instances are never 'one-offs'.
Critically important all sexual assaults are reported to the guards.

cricket

DPP should appeal this, seems completely unacceptable to me.

Vega1447

Found this case to be very worrying, when it comes to the protection of our children.

The Church called for leniency for one if its worshipers who pleaded guilty to the sexual assault of a 16-year-old boy. Judge Durcan said that the matter could be resolved without criminalising the man and said that the matter could be struck out if the man pays €1,000 to the Court Discretionary Fund by July of this year.

This Pervert has got married recently and is heavily involved in his local Christian church. Surely these point alone should raise some flags.

Same question as for the case discussed yesterday; "did the Judge forbid publication of the man's name?"

And "if not, why wasn't his name published?"

mr. jings

An “excellent Christian and an asset and blessing to the Church”. FFS. That Church will never change.

Watcher2

Would he have been an "excellent Christian" if the 16 year old victim was a woman and the guilty pervert had his hand on her vagina?

Jesus wept!!!!

realistic1

Which church?
I reckon it is one of these new Christian Churches and the State does not want to impact on its congregation by informing the public that they have a pervert among them. The Justice system seems to be happy to put kids in the way of harm again. Will we ever learn?

mr_anderson

I reckon it is one of these new Christian Churches and the State does not want to impact on its congregation by informing the public that they have a pervert among them. The Justice system seems to happy to put kids in the way of harm again. Will we ever learn?

Is he one of our sacred 'new' Irish ?
They can do no wrong I hear.

realistic1

I couldnt care less were he is from. The Justice system seem to be given this pervert a pass and in doing so they are putting children under threat. I wonder have TUSLA etc. been informed??

EoinMag

An “excellent Christian and an asset and blessing to the Church”. FFS. That Church will never change.
Not as long as a man in a dark box can tell you that you are forgiven for your sins....without the cops being involved.

EoinMag

Oh do please stop making stuff up, it's not like the Irish church has any record in this department that you could snear at Africans over.
In fact they're probably well used to sick Irish priest touching them up, since the worst of those bastards were sent on the missions.

realistic1

Would he have been an "excellent Christian" if the 16 year old victim was a woman and the guilty pervert had his hand on her vagina?

Jesus wept!!!!
It seems to me the Judge is making light of this offence and you are quite correct, I think message is the Victim is a boy and will not suffer as much.

Truth.ie

If we were going to jail every gay who slips the hand or comes on to some fella, we'd need to build thousands of new cells.

New Threads

Most Replies