Peta want to rebrand fish as sea-kittens

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Peta want to rebrand fish as sea-kittens in order that people see them more positively and will be willing to give them more rights

Peta
When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?

Ask the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to stop promoting sea kitten hunting.
I notice quite a few "vegetarians" eat fish ... when I say I'm vegetarian I frequently get offered fish. Clearly fish have an image problem. Should their name be changed in order that they be allowed a fighting chance to get better rights ?

cYp

alonso

I agree. As long as we can rename "cows" as "pre-burgers" and pigs as "walking rashers"

CookieMonster

Doesn't change the fact that sea-kittens are damn tasty.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com

5intheface

Is there a genuine reason for this proposal or did they just say it for the halibut? Sorry. Do not respond to this, piscean word play is endless.

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com
l certainly do not want to think of my kitty when l gut and fillet, nor indeed of Jemina Puddle-Duck when l am dragging giblets from a duck's rear end ..,

Last edited:

Twilight

Its wierd you know, as a life time vegatarian I get offered fish all the time, as if it was not or rather used to be a living creature. The best was when I was part of a group of people who were cleaning up an ancient graveyard and one of our helpers, who owned a butcher shop and Deli, sent out for sandwiches for 40 people. I asked for a selection of vegatarian ones. No problem says he. So the sandwiches arrive and mine are wrapped in white paper saying Veggi. I opened it up to find four chicken sandwiches. "Whats this Brendan, why did you get me chicken sandwiches?" "Well, its not really meat, is it, I mean chickens are not cows or pigs, they've got feathers!"

If you're not careful though its very easy to go over the top over what you eat. One day I was scraping carrots and it occured to me that the carrot might be able to feel it and maybe its screaming, silently of course. That was a bad time for me. How it was for the carrot I don't know.

geraghd

They need to watch that South Park episode on PETA.

politicaldonations

Scientists beleive that the seafood early man found in abundance on coasts led to the growth of the human brain to it's current massive complex strucure/ability. Omega 3 is the fat in seafood linked to this. So if early man had'nt eaten seafood we would not be in position to contemplate the moral consequences of consuming this creatures, Ironic, No ?

TradCat

It could backfire badly. If we ate sea-kittens for a while might we just not start to wonder what real kittens would taste like.

Goldwater

I do not predict success for this campaign

Christine Murray

Website
www.poethead.wordpress.com
See, its easy to gut the ugly one but the cutesy one not so much...
btw- a tea-spoon of linseeds ground in a coffee grinder and shaken onto
a fortified cereal can indeed replace your omegas lost from eating the
fishies!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies