Peter Mathews on Liveline now!

Arracht

Advertisement for Harvey Norman on Newstalk now

Mar Tweedy

YES! fookin irony and black humour is back. Feeling much more comfortable in ireland these days. Never got used to the hubris and upitsarsery.

oggy

I knew it !!!

Matthews is flogging himself to death for months trying to get a well paid job.

He is even putting in a word for his buddies

SKELLY

I knew it !!!

unlike ur buddies who have ruined us!

G

Gimpanzee

62% of a Joe poll are more optimistic as a result of the IMF arrival!

Can't wait for 6'o clock news when Brian O Domhnaill will be claiming that it was him that invited them over.

Cruffan

I knew it !!!

Plenty of room for him now that you guys got found out.

Do ye not forgive him yet for showing FF Fahy up as fool re NAMA?

turdsl

Sad day for Fianna Fail, In a phone in a majority of the people have more faith in the IMF than Fianna Fail, really the ultimate answer to get out of the way after all the harm they have done.

chriskavo

Peter Matthews is delighted that the IMF are here - what a tool.

cry freedom

Have always liked Mathews since I first heard him on Newstalk way back.
Comes over as a bit pompous but knows his deposits from his withdrawels and has called it right more often than anyone since Morgan Kelly.

nuj

Comes over as a bit pompous but knows his deposits from his withdrawels and has called it right more often than anyone since Morgan Kelly.
A bit?

His mammy turns him out lovely, though. Shame it's on the radio.

SilverLining

Yet another Blueshirt poster boy. These right wing economic/financial "experts" just love talking down to the rest of us. They are making great appearance money from pedalling their perverted theories around the media this last while.

Mitsui2

Yet another Blueshirt poster boy. These right wing economic/financial "experts" just love talking down to the rest of us.
You mean as distinct from the talking-down-to we get from witless thieving FFers who've handed their country's sovereignty to the IMF?

Being talked down to is far more beararble when it's coming from someone who was actually right about the past two years. And besides, I don't feel it's people like me he's talking down to: we knew the crooks were inept as well

They are making great appearance money from pedalling their perverted theories around the media this last while.
You mean theories like "The fundamentals are sound" or "There is no bailout!"?

O wait - that was perverse all right, but it wasn't Peter M. That was...um... Oh I dunno, some failed politician or other.

cry freedom

A bit?

His mammy turns him out lovely, though. Shame it's on the radio.
She has great taste in striped shirts.:)
I'm genuinely envious!

These right wing economic/financial "experts" just love talking down to the rest of us.
Ah, you mean unlike the truth and candour represented in the canonical list of Truth as uttered over the last 3-5 years:

Stop talking the country down. They stopped making land a long time ago. This is not a time to apportion blame. Rent is dead money. We are where we are. Everyone lost the run of themselves. There will be a soft landing. Leave it to the experts. No one could have foresaw the collapse. The bank guarantee will be the cheapest bank rescue in the world. No one could have foresaw the costs that Anglo would incur. Ireland is different. We will all share the pain. NAMA is the only show in town. The banks are well capitalized. We need to recapitalize the banks to get credit flowing again. We need to adequately reward the wonderful entrepreneurship of our best and brightest. The fundamentals of the economy are sound. There is no evidence of any wrongdoing. The banks are fine, it's only a short-term liquidity problem. Regulation is strangling innovation. We need to protect the bondholders or our borrowing costs will go up. Everything we do is in an attempt to protect taxpayers. We can't expect to keep the best talent if we don't pay them these wages. The losses are very annoying but they are manageable. I don't know why people who talk the economy down don't go and commit suicide. The economy has turned the corner. People are just playing politics here. We have a job to do (going forward). Our European colleagues support us fully. We need to don the green jersey and drive it on. The Taoiseach was only a little hoarse and he has my full support. I don't accept that. There are no negotiations. There are no funding difficulties at Irish banks. Europe told us to extend the guarantee.

Mitsui2

Stop talking the country down. They stopped making land a long time ago. This is not a time to apportion blame. Rent is dead money. We are where we are. Everyone lost the run of themselves. There will be a soft landing. Leave it to the experts. No one could have foresaw the collapse. The bank guarantee will be the cheapest bank rescue in the world. No one could have foresaw the costs that Anglo would incur. Ireland is different. We will all share the pain. NAMA is the only show in town. The banks are well capitalized. We need to recapitalize the banks to get credit flowing again. We need to adequately reward the wonderful entrepreneurship of our best and brightest. The fundamentals of the economy are sound. There is no evidence of any wrongdoing. The banks are fine, it's only a short-term liquidity problem. Regulation is strangling innovation. We need to protect the bondholders or our borrowing costs will go up. Everything we do is in an attempt to protect taxpayers. We can't expect to keep the best talent if we don't pay them these wages. The losses are very annoying but they are manageable. I don't know why people who talk the economy down don't go and commit suicide. The economy has turned the corner. People are just playing politics here. We have a job to do (going forward). Our European colleagues support us fully. We need to don the green jersey and drive it on. The Taoiseach was only a little hoarse and he has my full support. I don't accept that. There are no negotiations. There are no funding difficulties at Irish banks. Europe told us to extend the guarantee.
Uncanny! I could swear that there's barely a word there that I didn't hear before. It musta been that Peter Matthews character talking down to me!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies