Peter Power accuses RTE of Bias

d7bohs

On Drivetime - it's 'unfair' apparently.

Poor lamb.

Fr. Hank Tree

I was listening to drivetime and RTE have definitely gone cold on the government IMO. I said last night that RTE must be quite angry after what happened over the weekend. Maybe they can sense the power ebbing away?

Barnacle

Unbelievable, I was gobsmacked. Loved the bit when he was asked if the bailout goes ahead, will he comeback in a few months and apologise and resign. "Of course not" was his reply.

Podolski1.5

The good old "if nothing else works, threaten them" ploy was used too in relation to the budget. Evoking the large figure of Peter Sutherland as the source for this, Power said that failure to pass the forthcoming budget would have catastrophic consequences for this country. Now where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, Lisbon 2 referendum campaign.

d7bohs

Boucher-Hayes is much better at the 'I don't believe you, minister' tone than Mary Wilson.

I think there's a certain amount of truth in the notion that RTE are p!ssed off at being lied to over the weekend.

Mushroom

Poor Peter - it must be humiliating for him to have to depend on Willie's surplus for his political suirvival. No wonder he gets ratty from time to time.

RightCentreLeft

Everything is coming to a head now. If something doesnt give I can see serious trouble on the days after the budget. Even FF backbenchers have had enough according to TV3.

Do the decent thing and call a GE NOW.

danzatore

Think about it....

Thanks to the Internet, nobody has to trust RTE any more. We look outside the country across a variety of sources for the truth about what is going on.

That is some indictment for a national broadcaster and one which could very well come back to haunt them when cuts have to made in the future.

ItsLehmansWotDoneIt

Everything is coming to a head now. If something doesnt give I can see serious trouble on the days after the budget. Even FF backbenchers have had enough according to TV3.

Do the decent thing and call a GE NOW.
Serious trouble??....grumbling in pubs and moaning on blogs.

RightCentreLeft

Serious trouble??....grumbling in pubs and moaning on blogs.
Not anymore. There really is only so much people can take. Granted Irish people can take a lot of sh1t but everyone has a breaking point.

Its now up to FG and Labour to bring this Govt down. Refuse to attend the Dail and Call for a national day of protest on th 7th of Dec.

ItsLehmansWotDoneIt

Think about it....

Thanks to the Internet, nobody has to trust RTE any more. We look outside the country across a variety of sources for the truth about what is going on.

That is some indictment for a national broadcaster and one which could very well come back to haunt them when cuts have to made in the future.
I'm still amazed by the number of people, especially retired people living in country areas who don't have, or can't get broadband and probably wouldn't want it even if they could; who only ever watch or listen to RTE. FF know well what they are doing when they lie on RTE. There is a huge constituency of FF voters out there who will never hear the truth.

eyeSpy

I was listening to drivetime and RTE have definitely gone cold on the government IMO. I said last night that RTE must be quite angry after what happened over the weekend.
what happened with respect to RTE over the weekend?

stoichkov

exactly how pro-fianna fail does peter power want rte to be?

he sounds like a rather ungrateful sort.

anfieldabff

Not anymore. There really is only so much people can take. Granted Irish people can take a lot of sh1t but everyone has a breaking point.

Its now up to FG and Labour to bring this Govt down. Refuse to attend the Dail and Call for a national day of protest on th 7th of Dec.
If people turn up on the 27th November in Dublin, not under the ICTU banner mind. A huge turnout on that date would send a strong pre-budget message to FF. We need an election and we need it now.
FF represent nobody in this country anymore, even Donegal have turned against them and thats saying something. What next Clare.?

RightCentreLeft

If people turn up on the 27th November in Dublin, not under the ICTU banner mind. A huge turnout on that date would send a strong pre-budget message to FF. We need an election and we need it now.
FF represent nobody in this country anymore, even Donegal have turned against them and thats saying something. What next Clare.?
Agreed it must be non union and non political. Just ordinary people from all walks of life.

Brian O'Donnells 19% shocked me to be honest. If FF cant get more than 20%in Donegal then they are truly fukked at the next GE.:D

TODevastated

I was listening to drivetime and RTE have definitely gone cold on the government IMO. I said last night that RTE must be quite angry after what happened over the weekend. Maybe they can sense the power ebbing away?
not true RTE can see huge paycuts coming down the line and they don't like it

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies