• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Peter Robinson Wants The British Army Back On the Street

between the bridges

between the bridges

vivabrigada

Andytownews columist has the story ;):
Squinter ‏@squinteratn 9m

TA heading to Ballymurphy to help out. Bayonets fixed on shovels. Chinook landing in Turf Lodge with supplies has two door-gunners

vivabrigada

Women in Ballymurphy can't find any solid ground to bang the binlids on due to the snow!

between the bridges

Women in Ballymurphy can't find any solid ground to bang the binlids on due to the snow!
They wouldn't be out in this weather no point in getting the slippers and pj's wet...

theloner

SF has now specifically requested British soldiers and helicopters come to our aid. How does this sit with SF voters and members on here?

BTB, you could have made a hornets nest of a thread here! Missed opportunity.

C

Castle Ray

Plans for the TA to be deployed to assist rural communities and farmers here were at an advanced stage prior to Robinson requesting it. He was in Brazil or at least flying back when that was underway. A Chinook was also being prepared for airlift assistance yesterday or the day before. At least that's my understanding of it. Is this not the case?

Would a SF politician or voter really care if the army or air force assist with the plight facing rural communities, farmers and their livestock? Would they prefer people not to be assisted? Surely SF are supporters of the GFA and they support the constitutional position of NI? Nobody is asking those assisted or asking for assistance to swear an oath to Her Majesty, so what could possibly be the problem for any SF voter, member, or Politician?

iago1709

I don't like armies of any hue. I don't like the wars they fight, which are VERY rarely justifiable, despite the propaganda. I don't like the fact they can often commit any kind of injustice and get away with it, if they are on the winning side anyway. If you think I'm exaggerating, read some history.
But even I grudgingly admit they might be of some use in this type of case. I suppose...

physicist

Galloper Thompson

Are you sure she means the British Army and not the RA vets?

Heck if I was a farmer I'd fertiliser bomb my way out of the snow myself, if it wasn't illegal.

A Chinook is excessive and will only serve the few.
Here comes the boys now....:)

michelle oneill ‏@moneillsf 23m
Irish Air corp secured for helicopter assistance in weather crisis after discussions with Alan Shatter TD minister in 26 counties
Retweeted by Sinn Féin

physicist

Irish Air corp secured for helicopter assistance in weather crisis after discussions with Alan Shatter TD minister in 26 counties
Retweeted by Sinn Féin
Getting the defence forces in to help the farmers has one big massive Fine Gael stereotype written all over it, would we expect anything less from Shatter?

C

Castle Ray

Retweeted by Sinn Féin
Good. I welcome appropriate cross-border support like this, and think it should be a two-way thing.

Swords Hoopster

Good. I welcome appropriate cross-border support like this, and think it should be a two-way thing.
You've got to be on the wind up here Castle Ray. You spent about two weeks shouting and roaring about the Guards helping secure the border for the G8!!

Do you change persona every day or is more an hourly occurrence?!!!!

Dr Castle Jekyll and Mr Ray Hyde!

Last edited:

Zag23

Dr Castle Jekyll and Mr Ray Hyde![/QUOTE] lol. humour beats slaggin every time.:D

C

Castle Ray

You've got to be on the wind up here Castle Ray. You spent about two weeks shouting and roaring about the Guards helping secure the border for the G8!!

Do you change persona every day or is more an hourly occurrence?!!!!

Dr Castle Jekyll and Mr Hyde Ray!
This time not lieing but yet again exaggerating and acting the nob. What next, another childish hissy fit?

Appropriate cross-border partnerships are important in both parts of Ireland and between the rest of the UK and RoI. I have no difficulty with this and welcome it. The RoI security services will no doubt assist the UK security services with plans for the G8 summit in Fermanagh along with a number of other countries but it is not appropriate to have Gards policing an event of national security importance in the UK. That's just the way it is. If you think airlifting people or assisting stricken flocks of sheep from snow drifts is on the same level as G8 security then you're very naive.

Swords Hoopster

This time not lieing but yet again exaggerating and acting the nob. What next, another childish hissy fit?.
I think you've got to calm down, Castle Ray. You're losing the rag with me even though my intentions aren't sinister.

IrishWelshCelt

Jesus Jeff always with the sensationalist headlines! Are you sure you dont work for the star?

InsideImDancing

Not a fek'n drop of snow in Derry.:(

I've a RWD drive 2 years now and not a drop of snow to go skating. #soSick