Peter Sutherland has died

ger12

ger12

He was a fine representative of the values of Fine Gael.
Up to a point. I think he became more open to change in that FG mindset and perhaps was a force to drive inclusion later in his career.

bokuden

End Racism

Terrible news, he was our George Soros you might say in terms of his fight against racism. Rest in Peace.

razorblade

Cant pretent i liked the guy the policies he pushed such as mass 3rd world immigration into the western world is seriously detrimental to European civilisation and harmony but i sympathise with his family for their loss.

Notachipanoaktree

Another one bites the dirt.

Say hi to the gaffer Beelzebub for us all. The worst of us will be along soon. The neoliberal scum will follow on in time.

Boy M5

The Peter Sutherland thread has been discussing this for past 40 mins.
Threads should be merged

Catalpast

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
A well known person but not one that broke any mould. In fact there was something of the sales rep about him. Representative of those who know the cost of everything and the value of little.

A mere cipher.

Malbekh

I never saw eye-to-eye with him on his ever-closer-union views, but there's no doubt he was a vital part of our nation standing on a bigger stage. May he rest in peace and condolences to his wider family.

Hillmanhunter1

Whatever you think of his political philosophy, his intellect and diligence resulted in a CV that dwarfs any other Irish public figure that I can think of.

He was a towering figure among his peers, and much of the criticism that he has been subjected to is of the "tall poppy syndrome" variety.

flavirostris

Evil, anti European globalist who stayed alive long enough to see his beloved EU begin to unravel.

Spirit Of Newgrange

wow. I never expected this. That fella did cast a long shadow.

Cellachán Chaisil

The alt-rightists hate him with a passion so he must have had something to recommend him.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies