• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Petition against the Maze

vivabrigada

Portadown madman

You've got to laugh at McCartney's comment. " the new centre will add to the sites appeal". Also, " the site as a unique history, one that will appeal to a lot of visitors"
Translated, means a bunch of plastic paddies from the states can come over and pay their respects to the dead martyrs.

Tommythesash

I am oppossed to any plans to put a museum inside the former Long Kesh prison camp and have argued against it here in America. It's one thing to honour Ulsters most famous POWs but to put them on the same level as unionist paramilitary convicts does a great injustice to the hunger strikers, the blanketmen and the Irish struggle for independence.

cillian32

A petition.....;)......Unionism ......Leave the job creation and tourism to republicans ,ye havnt a clue.

vivabrigada

Alex.Kane Unionist commentator:

So, various members of the Unionist Forum are organising a petition against the DUP. This will get nasty. SF must be loving it.

between the bridges

Tbh I think there's a certain ironic poetry in 30 stone yanks perching on bobby's bed...

C

Castle Ray

A petition.....;)......Unionism ......Leave the job creation and tourism to republicans ,ye havnt a clue.
:lol:

Now that's the post of the year for me so far. A shinner saying leave job creation to republicans? Oh boy oh boy that's side splittingly hilarious. Ffs I feel I need to go onto the lesser forums to see what anyone down south thinks of the lunacy.

SF, bringing Irish unity about through widespread objection on this island to the economic illiterate and buffoonery of "republicans".

belfast1981

I would have rather it be knocked down and turned into the planned all purpose sports stadium. This will be like the Titanic centre... busy at first then once the novelty wears away bookings will be down.

Glaucon

I would have rather it be knocked down and turned into the planned all purpose sports stadium. This will be like the Titanic centre... busy at first then once the novelty wears away bookings will be down.
Like it or not, the site (and the Hunger Strike) is a critical point in modern Irish history. I am not in favour of destroying historical artefacts, whether they accord with my politics or my morals, or not. I shouldn't like to see the Wellington Monument obliterated, despite the fact that it is a testament to a leading figure of the colonial Anglo-Irish ascendancy.

Turning it into a sports stadium is fine for this generation; it's future, less emotionally involved, generations that it should be preserved for and who it will undoubtedly interest most of all. A testament to this country/nation/island/province's (take your ideological pick) intensely troubled history.

cillian32

:lol:

Now that's the post of the year for me so far. A shinner saying leave job creation to republicans? Oh boy oh boy that's side splittingly hilarious. Ffs I feel I need to go onto the lesser forums to see what anyone down south thinks of the lunacy.

SF, bringing Irish unity about through widespread objection on this island to the economic illiterate and buffoonery of "republicans".
Struggling with reality again C R.Your flegger pals have cost jobs and tourism for the past few months.....deal with it.

C

Castle Ray

Struggling with reality again C R.Your flegger pals have cost jobs and tourism for the past few months.....deal with it.
My "flegger pals"? :lol: Don't delude yourself. They're just the other cheek to SF of the same smelly arse. Deal with it. Where are SF strongest and where is unemployment strongest? Leave jobs to republicans indeed. Ffs!

between the bridges

my mate alex sums it up...
I’m pretty fed up with listening to loyalist and republican terrorists (along with their apologists and frontmen) insisting that they have a story to tell and a right to be heard. Maybe so: but the story of the person killed, injured, psychologically scarred and deprived of loved ones is not – and must not become – the same story as the terrorist who planned the terror, squeezed the trigger and planted the bomb. It must not become the same story as those who believe that orchestrated terror was necessary and justified. It must not become the same story as those who bombed their way into a political process.
Why should taxpayers fund terrorists