• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Petition launched for Sean Garland's release

Ghandi

An appeal from Tomás Mac Giolla, former Lord Mayor of Dublin

Former Lord Mayor of Dublin and member of the Irish Parliament (Dáil Éireann), Tomás MacGiolla, has launched the following Petition calling for the withdrawal on humanitarian grounds of the United States' demand for the extradition from Ireland to the US of Sean Garland:-

I / We call on the Irish government to support a call for the withdrawal of the extradition warrant issued by the United States authorities against Sean Garland, former President of the Workers’ Party of Ireland.

Sean Garland is 75 years old and is in poor health. This extradition request is nothing more than a vindictive act signed by Condoleezza Rice of the outgoing discredited Bush / Cheney regime.

Nothing other than the continued persecution of Sean Garland will be served by this request.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN THE PETITION

Stop the Extradition of Sean Garland Petition

True Republican

Will Eoghan Harris be signing the petition given that he defended Garland last week.

codology

I'm sure Sean can run off a few thousand copies himself sure hasent he got some very good printers.

Mr Crowley

How come there was never any pressure on the Stickies to decommision?
I remember an Irish News story a few years ago that claimed that they received a container load of gear from Eastern Europe in the mid-to-late 70s.
The Stickies are an organised crime gang even though the most high profile all jumped ship when the brief fallout of the discovery of a couple of Stickie arms dumps spawned Democratic Left.
Said Teflons have since polluted the Labour Party and the thoughts of them getting anywhere near power are rather disturbing.

True Republican

Sean Garland is an Irish and working class hero.
He's someone who admires North Korea and the former Soviet Union, and of course not forgetting Cuba. Bye, bye stickie.

Mr Crowley

Sean Garland is an Irish and working class hero.
No that was Seamus Costello, murdered by Garland's reactionary, gangster, collaborator-bastard pals in the OIRA.

Big Bobo

He's someone who admires North Korea and the former Soviet Union, and of course not forgetting Cuba. Bye, bye stickie.
Better than any backwards sectarian provos. Now go off and rattle your beads, burn down some protestant houses, grin and shake Paisley's hand and then confess it all to your beloved priest. Scummy provo

No that was Seamus Costello, murdered by Garland's reactionary, gangster, collaborator-bastard pals in the OIRA.
Well perhaps hero is too strong a word but he certainly was a working class representative. The fued in the 70s was a terrible bit of business alright. Real waste of good talented people.

Paddy Dignam

Better than any backwards sectarian provos. Now go off and rattle your beads, burn down some protestant houses, grin and shake Paisley's hand and then confess it all to your beloved priest. Scummy provo

Well perhaps hero is too strong a word but he certainly was a working class representative. The fued in the 70s was a terrible bit of business alright. Real waste of good talented people.

I'm no admirer of the treachery of the provos, but how can they be both 'backwards sectarian' and shake Paisley's hand at the same time?

Big Bobo

I'm no admirer of the treachery of the provos, but how can they be both 'backwards sectarian' and shake Paisley's hand at the same time?
Because they are hypocrites who will do anything to get into power. McGuiness is a sectarian politician but he will happily have a fake laugh and smile with Paisley if it means power.

True Republican

For the record I'm not a member of Sinn Fein as I don't like their left wing policies and secondly I'm an atheist so don't start throwing stereotypes at me you naive little marxist with a redundant economic ideology that has long been consigned to the ashes of history. Keep it up you red clown.

Paddy Dignam

Because they are hypocrites who will do anything to get into power. McGuiness is a sectarian politician but he will happily have a fake laugh and smile with Paisley if it means power.

I agree that they are hypocrites. But isn't your statement also hypocritical? If they were truely sectarian surely they would whack Paisley instead of shaking hands with him?

Big Bobo

I agree that they are hypocrites. But isn't your statement also hypocritical? If they were truely sectarian surely they would whack Paisley instead of shaking hands with him?
Of course they are sectarian! Just look at their actions both past and present. They are a organisation that only tries to represent one community against another. It just so happens that in the current situation it is in their interests to grin and shake hands with other sectarian bigots.

Mr Crowley

Well perhaps hero is too strong a word
True but 'gangster, scumbag, traitor and profiteer' would barely be strong enough.
I couldn't care less whether Garland is extradited or renditioned.
F*ck the loss.

Paddy Dignam

Of course they are sectarian! Just look at their actions both past and present. They are a organisation that only tries to represent one community against another. It just so happens that in the current situation it is in their interests to grin and shake hands with other sectarian bigots.

But, by your logic, they are more interested in power than in sectarianism?Surely it is the 6 county statelet that is, by its very nature, sectarian? Surely it is the fact that certain sections of society in the 6 counties were treated as second class citizens in the first place led to people voting for 'our ones'? Surely the only way that a class based social revolution can occur is by removing the colonial rule that has introduced sectarianism in the first place?

codology

A terrible bit of buisness is the deal we done with the banks murdering your former comrades is slightly more than this don't you think or are you a late arrival to chairman Seans club.

PetevonPete

Very, very sad- the comments of some of the pieces on this site. You don't have to agree with Sean Garland's politics to see the hypocrisy and sickness of Irish society. In front of our face we have had corruption and jobbery which has played no small part in the economic turmoil we find ourselves in. Plus we had a sectarian conflict in the North were many people needlessly died for other lust for control, but the pensioner politician who is now before our courts is Sean Garland – a man who tired to move the republican movement towards a successful engagement on its core goals while others wanted to play at being soldiers. Sad

On the issue of decommissioning – would you when there was on the prowl on the prowl well armed reactionary forces only to willing to kill your party members – to condemn Sean Garland is to condemn the legacy of Fenianism which for better or worse was the key political form of organization which led to the current Irish state. To support Sean is to reaffirm the independence of some Irish people to the variances of Yank Imperialism. Forward comrade.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies