• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Petition to wind up Dunnes Stores

Trainwreck

I would't miss them. Quite recently they have been delisting some of my favourite products; French Dijon mustard (as opposed to fake stuff produced elsewhere) and Australian honey to name two.

Maybe Sainbury or ASDA could be coaxed to buy their stores.

Neutron

Cant see Dunnes going down for €21 Million, could they?

Surely they have more than that in the bank.

Ulster-Lad

How many jobs would that equate to if it was wound down?

wombat

Quite recently they have been delisting some of my favourite products; French Dijon mustard (as opposed to fake stuff produced elsewhere) and Australian honey to name two.
Don't you love people's priorities?:lol:

meriwether

Cant see Dunnes going down for €21 Million, could they?

Surely they have more than that in the bank.
They might not.

I know they are suffering in the retail wars as they are being squeezed by the Germans, Tesco and M&S (Dunnes are neither low cost like the Germans not high end like M&S. They have no identity).

This application for judgement seems a little bit more grounded than a mere spurious 'hail mary effort'.

Lets not forget however that Dunnes probably are a key tenant of NAMA on a number of other properties, and an anchoer tenant at that too for some shopping centres NAMA controls, I'd wager.

I doubt NAMA want to liquidate them.

Ribeye

Dunno what's goin on here, seems strange for Dunnes to let this go so far over €20 mill, at a minimum they are making their bankers pretty grumpy,

I know things are bad for Dunnes at the moment because of the UFC royal rumble stuff, but they could easy cover €20 mill,

I can only assume they are digging their heels in for some reason,

And seeing as the opponent is the NAMA scum, I'm with Dunnes on this one,

Between this and Plastic bag scrap, I'd say Dunnes ain't fans of the state at the moment,

Which is great, the more big businesses that turn on the state, the better for all of us!

I'm sure they'll just hand over a cheque on the steps of the court!

beolight

Twitter
Oscarwildefan
Dunno what's goin on here, seems strange for Dunnes to let this go so far over €20 mill, at a minimum they are making their bankers pretty grumpy,

I know things are bad for Dunnes at the moment because of the UFC royal rumble stuff, but they could easy cover €20 mill,

Between this and Plastic bag scrap, I'd say Dunnes ain't fans of the state at the moment,

Which is great, the more big businesses that turn on the state, the better for all of us!

How did the plastic bag row with revenue end?

Picasso Republic

We'll see a lot of these types of cases where anchor tenants were contracted for new shopping centres but either refuse to move in or pay a proportion of the rent as the owners failed to deliver on other tenants or additional expansion of the centre, car parking etc.

Two sides to every story..........worth waiting for this one.

meriwether

The cost of the contract was €21m - I'm not sure what you mean by 'letting it go over €20m'. Theres a dispute over performance relating to an already agreed contractual sum.

Trainwreck

This isn't a million miles away from the many apartment purchases that were made off plans in the boom and people couldn't or wouldn't complete.

Whatever happended to those? Has NAMA been writing those off?