• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Petraeus resigns as director of the CIA.

owedtojoy

Once considered a possible GOP VP candidate, or even a President.

The "character issue" will sink him now.

Moral: If caught with your pants down, make sure it happens after you are elected, and make sure it is in the company of the opposite sex.

ruserious

Over here, you'd get a doubling in your government pension for that.

james toney

Top man in the CIA,yet he couldn't keep an affair secret?
He deserves to go for that!

fgrep

Was it with a female or male that he had the affair with?

wombat

Moral: If caught with your pants down, make sure it happens after you are elected, and make sure it is in the company of the opposite sex.
It used to be only a problem if it was with a live boy or a dead girl

Ulster-Lad

Obviously no one here understands what a Security Clearance is.

NYCKY

I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Very few Americans resign for having an Affair.

Edi: It could be harassment, a subordinate or given his position as CIA Directors, a compromising of some kind of information. Of course, it's all speculation.

gijoe

I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Very few Americans resign for having an Affair.
I'd imagine is to do with the possibility of being compromised because of it and the standards they expect of their subordinates to not put themselves in a position that they can be blackmailed.

NYCKY

I'd imagine is to do with the possibility of being compromised because of it and the standards they expect of their subordinates to not put themselves in a position that they can be blackmailed.
Yea thanks, I just edited my post. Perhaps it was a Russian honeybee. Whatever it is there is definitely more to come.

Houyhnhnm

Presumably he was caught sleeping with someone who works in the CIA, because otherwise it wouldn't be a resigning matter.

neiphin

some nutter on fox claiming that its possible that the WH took him out

neiphin

its a big building where the potos lives

needle_too

Political morality - "Never get caught with a live boy or a dead girl."

davidcameron

I assume that the person that Petraeus had the affair with is a woman. Perhaps it's Carrie Matheson.petunia