• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Phil Hogan wins defamation award against TV3

Eoin Coir

Great to see Mail and TV going down for defaming Phil Hogan. Media here not even giving it much publicity. Even on this site another thread was sent to Zoo. Such is media bias I suppose

Wonder will mad hatter Vinnie have to apologise publicly on TV3 ?

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjqpJbQ8vDNAhXKKsAKHXGjBbQQFggbMAA&url=http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/phil-hogan-receives-defamation-damages-over-traveller-stories-1.2719059&usg=AFQjCNHfy5rOYnDYGzuELiSl-UpmyCIKtw

stopdoingstuff

That is very racist of him.....only kidding!!!!!! I am delighted for him, because playing the "you are ----ist" card is a big cheap Ronaldo dive to avoid discussion and to smear people.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Given that he is none of those things, what was the reason for his intervention? Has he intervened similarly in relation to the settled community?

Prester Jim

so he has his arm around her, what else was wrong. Is he racist ?
He dropped investigations into local planning corruption/irregularities as soon as he could and had only the most half arsed of explanations for it.
That act alone means he would burn in one level of the inferno or another, none of the rest of it need be mentioned.

Ardillaun

I'd rather not see politicians using the courts in this way. If you have to do that over this, you're in the wrong line of work.

Eoin Coir

I'd rather not see politicians using the courts in this way. If you have to do that over this, you're in the wrong line of work.
So gutter press can say what they like. Great to see this happen,esp deranged Vincent Browne.

ger12

Fantastic news. Hurrah for (what to his chaps call him ... Filthy Phil?) ...

Barna

so he has his arm around her, what else was wrong. Is he racist ?

Maybe you find that acceptable in a public rep?
Mind you, it wasn't the last time during that blueshirt/liebour government there was a bit of groping going on.
They were at it in the Dail chamber too one night after spending the day at the bar.....

Ardillaun

So gutter press can say what they like. Great to see this happen,esp deranged Vincent Browne.
That would be close to my position, yes, short of a specific accusation of a serious crime. The Irish social space has been restricted enough without politicians, of all people, narrowing it further.

turdsl

Lets wish big Phil luck,after all with Reilly and Shatter they played such a major part in the
destruction and fall of the last government,

cogar

and newspapers should not print lies about anybody. Wouldn't that be a good idea?

Dame_Enda

Good news and a blow to Political Correctness. Having said that on other issues I'm a critic of him such as water charges.

Hibee

If Hogan was wronged he deserves compensation . Same as any citizen . His dislikeablility and politics are irrelevant . Some here are so poisoned that he can't handle this .

Jack O Neill

If Hogan was wronged he deserves compensation . Same as any citizen . His dislikeablility and politics are irrelevant . Some here are so poisoned that he can't handle this .
Some here are so blind that the cant see that their is no way big Phil could be "wronged" . There is nothing on this planet , bad enough , sick enough or weird enough that might fall upon him that would not be entirely justified .

Hibee

Some here are so blind that the cant see that their is no way big Phil could be "wronged" . There is nothing on this planet , bad enough , sick enough or weird enough that might fall upon him that would not be entirely justified .
You people scare me .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies