• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Pig DNA found in UK Halal prison food

Iphonista

Following on from the recent scandal over the presence of horse DNA in some Irish and British beef, the UK has announced that pork DNA has been found in Halal meat intended for consumption by Moslem prisoners. Islam does not allow the consumption of pig meat in any form.

Personally, I think that the Food Standards Authority of Ireland has taken the lead in doing these DNA tests and we'll see more and more headlines like this from different countries as more and more governments order that they be carried out.

Any vegetarians on board? How would ye feel about broccoli DNA in carrot cake? :)

Pork DNA found in Halal prison food in UK - RTÉ News

He3

Whoever did this should be behind bars.

grumpydunphy

Following on from the recent scandal over the presence of horse DNA in some Irish and British beef, the UK has announced that pork DNA has been found in Halal meat intended for consumption by Moslem prisoners. Islam does not allow the consumption of pig meat in any form.
Maybe someone's been telling porkies...... petunia

Porkypie

Maybe someone's been telling porkies...... petunia
Shush!! You've let the rabbitte out of the hat.
Simple Simon will not be too pleased with the news that Silvercrest were importing 20 tons of horse meat every month for the past two years and "It is a trade secret" according to the Polish and English press. No Bull

Lempo

Oh, you jokers. I'll open the conspiracy section of the thread and say that someone really does seem to want to scare off UK Muslims from incarceration-worthy action and/or incarceration-oriented Muslim individuals from coming to the country in the first place.

grumpydunphy

Shush!! You've let the rabbitte out of the hat.
Simple Simon will not be too pleased with the news that Silvercrest were importing 20 tons of horse meat every month for the past two years and "It is a trade secret" according to the Polish and English press. No Bull
Is that not standard procedure? If you like, horses for courses....... petunia petunia petunia

firefly123

Maybe it's a form of deterrent to reduce Muslim criminals. Genius if you think about it. No doubt they will make a pigs ear out of trying to fix it! Boom!

Ribeye

Ribeye

Ribeye

Wasn't me, ye can't prove nuttin,

Lempo

Now I am suspicious about what Soylent Green really was made of.

Iphonista

Oh, you jokers. I'll open the conspiracy section of the thread and say that someone really does seem to want to scare off UK Muslims from incarceration-worthy action and/or incarceration-oriented Muslim individuals from coming to the country in the first place.
Or else they only want nice, law abiding Moslems who wouldn't even dream of speeding.

Nemesiscorporation

Personally, I think that the Food Standards Authority of Ireland has taken the lead in doing these DNA tests and we'll see more and more headlines like this from different countries as more and more governments order that they be carried out.

Any vegetarians on board? How would ye feel about broccoli DNA in carrot cake? :)

Pork DNA found in Halal prison food in UK - RTÉ News
They are in prison.

They should not be able to dictate to authorities how there food is prepared as long as it is healthy.

I have seen how in Sweden some shops in certain areas have been forced to stop selling cooked ham, bacon and pork chops, because it offends some people from a local ghetto. So in this case, I think tough and who cares.

Regarding Silvercrest and there supply chain. That does need to be investigated as they are clearly affecting the reputation of Irish exports and the standard of food for Irish people. That is the most important issues at present, not what some fanatics in a jail think.

S

simeongrimes

As it risks a violent Islamic response it's hard to think of anything rasher.

Last edited:

Popular Threads

Most Replies