• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

" Pleb " comment leads to Tory resignation .... eventually.

blokesbloke

Going about with a big grin on my face ever since I heard this!

:lol:

So, Mitchell, how does it feel to be an ordinary pleb of a backbench MP again, eh?

The copper doesn't run the government - quite true old bean - and now - neither do you!

Couldn't happen to a bigger w@nker.

I'm thrilled.

blokesbloke

I know it's a cliche but I can't resist.

firefly123

Jebus! If ever you wanted to see the difference between Irish and British politics there it is. An Irish minister could beat a guard with a baby while stamping on puppies and he wouldn't resign.

Tea Shark

impressed it happened!

blokesbloke

He denies using that term to be fair.
Indeed, and the police officer says he did.

I know who I believe - I know of the man and you could well imagine him saying it, pompous could be his middle name.

rainmaker

Administrator
It was only a matter of time - but about time.

blokesbloke

blokesbloke

:D

Have I mentioned how happy this news has made me yet?

blokesbloke

Why did the cop stop him initially?
I've no real opinion on this but it does seem like he was thrown to the media-pumped Mob.
He was going out on his pushbike and asked for the main gate to be opened. The officer told him they had new instructions that cyclists had to use the pedestrian gate.

He admits he came out with a load of foul-mouthed abuse, but denies using the word "pleb".

I don't care if he used that word or not - though I believe he did - anyone else would have been arrested.

An apology doesn't cut it - he committed a criminal offence.

He's lucky he doesn't have a police record, and very lucky he'll still be an MP.

uriah

Why did the cop stop him initially?
I've no real opinion on this but it does seem like he was thrown to the media-pumped Mob.
He ordered the policeman to open the big gates leading from number 10 Downing St. so that he could cycle through.
These gates are opened only to allow vehicular traffic through. He should have left through smaller 'pedestrian' exit.

He expressed his dissatisfaction with the policeman's response, and his opinion of the police, in unacceptable terms.

:D

Have I mentioned how happy this news has made me yet?
What a typically plebeian response.

And where does leave Kerry K? Both a sleb and a pleb?

In ny event it's a nice slap to the ever-increasing chops of Cameron. That man is not finding early middle-age a comfortable place for him and he's edging towards a Kenneth Clarke look.

Say what you want about Blair (and I do), he had the chutzpah to lie to inveigle, to caress and to compel while all the while retaining his looks and his weight. Cameron looks rougher by the day. This one won't help him.

In the meantime, Samantha has my number. There's something delicious - no, "fragant" - about her.

blokesbloke

What a typically plebeian response.

And where does leave Kerry K? Both a sleb and a pleb?

In ny event it's a nice slap to the ever-increasing chops of Cameron. That man is not finding early middle-age a comfortable place for him and he's edging towards a Kenneth Clarke look.

Say what you want about Blair (and I do), he had the chutzpah to lie to inveigle, to caress and to compel while all the while retaining his looks and his weight. Cameron looks rougher by the day. This one won't help him.

In the meantime, Samantha has my number. There's something delicious - no, "fragant" - about her.
Oh my dear, you should move to Sutton Coldfield, home of Andrew "Pleb" Mitchell MP/Ex-Chief-Whip.

They'd adore you there.

To be fair to Mitchell, the suburb deserves him - he represents the type of person who lives there to a tee.

blokesbloke

He ordered the policeman to open the big gates leading from number 10 Downing St. so that he could cycle through.
These gates are opened only to allow vehicular traffic through. He should have left through smaller 'pedestrian' exit.

He expressed his dissatisfaction with the policeman's response, and his opinion of the police, in unacceptable terms.
Not just the opinion of the police actually - in his own opinion, as he admitted he'd used foul language and been abusive and felt the need to apologise to the officer concerned and the chief of police...

he only denies using the word "pleb".

Even if he's telling the truth it is irrelevant.

If I'd said a similar thing to the same officer, I would have been arrested - and rightly so.

Oh my dear, you should move to Sutton Coldfield, home of Andrew "Pleb" Mitchell MP.

They'd adore you there.

To be fair to Mitchell, the suburb deserves him - he represents the type of person who lives there to a tee.
Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled that he's resigned. I'm even happier that it wasn't an immediate resignation on principle. The fact that it has taken so long and has been under the greatest compulsion is all the better.

It shows him and the party up badly.

At PMQ's he was told that he was "toast".

Milliband will be rubbing his hands gleefully tonight.