• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Poetic Discription of the 5 Provinces?

Ulster in the north is the seat of battle valour, of haughtiness, strife, boasting; the men of Ulster are the fiercest warriors of all Ireland, and the queens and goddesses of Ulster are associated with battle and death.

Well, ultimately, the fiercest warriors all rolled over and had their tummy tickled by The Queen. So, no, not true anymore. ;)

CookieMonster

Leinster, the eastern kingdom, is the seat of prosperity, hospitality, the importing of rich foreign wares like silk or wine; the men of Leinster are noble in speech and their women are exceptionally beautiful.

Verily, the truth was spoken and remains thus.

fergalr

In Munster dwelt a proud and independent clan, fierce to defend their patch of land from invaders that wanted it not. Esconced within their fortress at Cork, they sent by sea to all the kingdoms of Christendom most potent elixirs for the bettering of prowess in the bedchamber.

Tiernanator

eileen ni tarbh said:
Ulster in the north is the seat of battle valour, of haughtiness, strife, boasting; the men of Ulster are the fiercest warriors of all Ireland, and the queens and goddesses of Ulster are associated with battle and death.

Well, ultimately, the fiercest warriors all rolled over and had their tummy tickled by The Queen. So, no, not true anymore. ;)
Now don't be bold eileen :lol: :lol:

Cúchonnacht

ó Wiki:
This dinnseanchas poem named Ard Ruide poetically describes the kingdoms of Ireland.
But this is Ard Ruide:

1. Trí tuili
bít i n-dún Ardda Ruidi,
tuile ócán, tuile ech,
tuile mílchon mhic Luigdech.
2. Trí ceol
bít 'ca ríg, ségda sodain,
ceól crott, ceól timpán, comaig,
dord Fir Thuinne meic Throgain.
3. Trí gáire
bít ann cen úair do therca,
gáir chetnata da fhaithche,
gáir graifne, ocus gáir erca.
4. Trí gáire,
gáir a mucc n-dronnmar n-dega,
gáir a shlúaig ós blai bruidne,
gáir muirne ocus gáir meda.
5. Trí cnúasa
bítis ann úasa shlattaib,
cnúas ic tuitim, foram ngnáth,
cnúas fo bláth is cnúas abbaig.
6.Trí meic rofhácaib Lugaid
cársat rulaid a febda,
Ruide mac Luigdech lethain,
Eochaid is Fíacho ferda.
7. Dobér-sa teist ar Ruidi
cus' tecat na trí tuili,
nech ní rér Ruide im ní ríam,
ocus ní ríarr ní ar duine.
8. Dobér-sa teist ar Eochaid
ná deochaid traigid madma,
nad epert ríam ní bad gó,
ná baí bad mó bad amra.
9. Dobér-sa teist ar Fhíacho,
cársat rulaid a fhebda,
ná baí cen airfitiud gnáth,
ná baí tráth cen ól corma.
11.Tricha ruirech, tricha níad,
tricha tríath, ba foram rí:
ba h-é lín a shlúaig thrétaig
tricha do chétaib fo thrí.

Trí.

Greenandred

Connacht in the west is the kingdom of learning, the seat of the greatest and wisest druids and magicians; the men of Connacht are famed for their eloquence, their handsomeness and their ability to pronounce true judgement.

Well, I can't argue with that. That's me down to a tee :lol:

Marty J

eileen ni tarbh said:

Only after all the other ones had already done so.

The Queen's men, retreating back to safety in the south...how things have changed! :p

Cillian

eileen ni tarbh said:

Ah now just look at the Tyrone and Armagh Football teams.
Absolute savages.

NEWN

To Answear me own Question-What of Meath?

The last kingdom, Meath, is the kingdom of Kingship, of stewardship, of bounty in government; in Meath lies the Hill of Tara, the traditional seat of the High King of Ireland. The ancient earthwork of Tara is called Rath na Ríthe ('Ringfort of the Kings').

Campion

Connacht in the west is the kingdom of learning, the seat of the greatest and wisest druids and magicians; the men of Connacht are famed for their eloquence, their handsomeness and their ability to pronounce true judgement.

Well, I can't argue with that. That's me down to a tee :lol:
Those were my sentiments exactly years ago when I was spending my days digging in a muddy ditch with a couple of Carraroe McDonoughs. Real magicians with the navvy, those lads.