#Polexit next .. or as others have said ( in article comments ) #krakout .. ???

Degeneration X

If Poland left, then there'd be far less migration to the west, and the Brits might want to stay after all
It would be a great irony if Poland were to leave the EU, as Poles flock in their millions to the EU countries.

Cdebru

That line could be used to justify any intervention anywhere. If the Poles don't like their government they will dispose of them via an election.
Yeah and until they do, the EU can't turn a blind eye to breaches of the rules of membership. If the Poles decide that they can't follow the rules they are free to pack up and leave.

Shpake

:roll:
All the stereotypes in a few lines................................................
Over forty years ago when I worked there briefly in the mid 1970s, if you saw someone sleeping rough in London, under viaducts in groups usually, rather than doorways, by the way) the chances were high of them being Irish. I remember it well because, to be quite honest, it was a bit shaming. That's not to say that the vast majority of Irish who went to Britain didn't work their boll0cks off.
Just luuuuu....uuuuv that caption.
The ideas on immigration aren't mine ... the push factors and the pull factors come from some economics lecture years back. They could apply to any traditional society going from pastoral, rural or even tribal to the modern urban industrial (or even post industrial. Stereotyping? Didn't look at it from that angle when writing... but I heard it somehwere about the mosques. It's most unlikely that the immigration police would do a raid on the mosques and the might appear racial or sacrilegious -- and there's plenty of room on the floor.

raetsel

Just luuuuu....uuuuv that caption.
The ideas on immigration aren't mine ... the push factors and the pull factors come from some economics lecture years back. They could apply to any traditional society going from pastoral, rural or even tribal to the modern urban industrial (or even post industrial. Stereotyping? Didn't look at it from that angle when writing... but I heard it somehwere about the mosques. It's most unlikely that the immigration police would do a raid on the mosques and the might appear racial or sacrilegious -- and there's plenty of room on the floor.
Let's just cut the crap here and analyse why I responded to you in the first place..........................

The conversation went like this:

Me: We know from our own experience that it requires a high level of motivation to move to another country to find work. The lazy ones tend to be the ones who stay at home when they lose their jobs.

You: Duh... you been to Specsavers yet? See title of thread and all them new Irish sleeping in doorways or milling into the teeming full blow-up dhingies crossing the med.

Me: Over forty years ago when I worked there briefly in the mid 1970s, if you saw someone sleeping rough in London, under viaducts in groups usually, rather than doorways, by the way) the chances were high of them being Irish. I remember it well because, to be quite honest, it was a bit shaming. That's not to say that the vast majority of Irish who went to Britain didn't work their boll0cks off.

You: Just luuuuu....uuuuv that caption.

Frankly that's just utter waffle.:roll: It's pretty obvious that if you attended that economics lecture that it went completely over your head.
When you have nothing sensible to say it makes sense to say as little as possible.

wexfordman

Mick Mac

They are free to leave the EU and become like Turkey if they want...
What there going to start shooting people on the streets? Send their military into neighbouring countries? Launch repeated incursions into Germany? Arrest Germans on dubious charges? Blackmail the EU?
If they do become like fascist Turkey will the EU /Germany also decide to be falling all over them
if they

Karloff

Poland has already suffered under 2 different tyrannies they sure as hell dont want to make it a 3rd.
They can leave when they wish.

Like the British they must learn that you can be in the EU but this doesn't mean you can do whatever you want while inside the organisation.

I don't agree with everything the EU stands for either but i know that you shouldn't stay in a club you detest so much or whose values are anathema to you and then act the martyr when other members complain about you ignoring the most important rules.

Mick Mac

They can leave when they wish.

Like the British they must learn that you can be in the EU but this doesn't mean you can do whatever you want while inside the organisation.

I don't agree with everything the EU stands for either but i know that you shouldn't stay in a club you detest so much or whose values are anathema to you and then act the martyr when other members complain about you ignoring the most important rules.
Germany would be the exception

Shpake

Let's just cut the crap here and analyse why I responded to you in the first place..........................

Me: We know from our own experience that it requires a high level of motivation to move to another country to find work. The lazy ones tend to be the ones who stay at home when they lose their jobs.

You: Duh... you been to Specsavers yet? See title of thread and all them new Irish sleeping in doorways or milling into the teeming full blow-up dhingies crossing the med.

Me: Over forty years ago when I worked there briefly in the mid 1970s, if you saw someone sleeping rough in London, under viaducts in groups usually, rather than doorways, by the way) the chances were high of them being Irish. I remember it well because, to be quite honest, it was a bit shaming. That's not to say that the vast majority of Irish who went to Britain didn't work their boll0cks off.

Frankly that's just utter waffle.:roll: It's pretty obvious that if you attended that economics lecture that it went completely over your head.
When you have nothing sensible to say it makes sense to say as little as possible.

Ah your post. I have trouble with my internet connection so it's only now in town that I have the chance to iron over the "fine points".

Raetsel Me: We know from our own experience that it requires a high level of motivation to move to another country to find work. The lazy ones tend to be the ones who stay at home when they lose their jobs.
All generalizations are false! (including this one I've just written). Experience in Sweden, UK, France shows that many immigrant populations tend to have a statistically higher incidence of welfare dependency than the native-born. The East Asians/ Chinese etc buck this trend as do those of Jewish faith so (pardon my racism) it's just to show that there some mighty exceptions. You could throw in the Irish travellers into some category too. But over in the US where the level of welfare is da pitts, I'm sure the incentives there mean they are much more likely to hold a job or run their own business.

You(Shpake): Duh... you been to Specsavers yet? See title of thread and all them new Irish sleeping in doorways or milling into the teeming full blow-up dhingies crossing the med.
Well there is a little finnesse here that perhaps I should have made clearer. The term "New Irish" is the description given by those enthusiasts in government and administration who want to make Swaheeli and Wolroff the first and second language. They have made some progress already in Tallaght, Balbriggan and Finglas.
But use your eyes. I just walked down Cork's main street twenty minutes ago and they were sleeping under duvets in the doorways of the big stores.

Well I passed my Economics exam... all those years ago and in my view the concept hits it bang on the nail. You have the push factors: Poverty, deprivation, disturbances. You have the Pull factors: the bright lights, the stories of steady income jobs, house car fridge, running water, own wc that many people in the 3rd world don't have.

raetsel

Ah your post. I have trouble with my internet connection so it's only now in town that I have the chance to iron over the "fine points".

All generalizations are false! (including this one I've just written). Experience in Sweden, UK, France shows that many immigrant populations tend to have a statistically higher incidence of welfare dependency than the native-born. The East Asians/ Chinese etc buck this trend as do those of Jewish faith so (pardon my racism) it's just to show that there some mighty exceptions. You could throw in the Irish travellers into some category too. But over in the US where the level of welfare is da pitts, I'm sure the incentives there mean they are much more likely to hold a job or run their own business.

You(Shpake): Duh... you been to Specsavers yet? See title of thread and all them new Irish sleeping in doorways or milling into the teeming full blow-up dhingies crossing the med.
Well there is a little finnesse here that perhaps I should have made clearer. The term "New Irish" is the description given by those enthusiasts in government and administration who want to make Swaheeli and Wolroff the first and second language. They have made some progress already in Tallaght, Balbriggan and Finglas.
But use your eyes. I just walked down Cork's main street twenty minutes ago and they were sleeping under duvets in the doorways of the big stores.

Well I passed my Economics exam... all those years ago and in my view the concept hits it bang on the nail. You have the push factors: Poverty, deprivation, disturbances. You have the Pull factors: the bright lights, the stories of steady income jobs, house car fridge, running water, own wc that many people in the 3rd world don't have.
Essentially what you are saying here is that because a tiny minority of foreign people sleep in doorways in Cork, that it proves that furriners from some areas here to sponge off us while others are here to work. And some Economics exam you did entitles you to draw this conclusion even without producing a single statistic regarding employment/unemployment numbers to back up such a bizarrely racist belief.
Right, I've got that now.
I'll waste no further time on this.

D

Deleted member 17573

Hibee

valamhic

I hope the Poles don't leave and I don't think they will. There are growing tensions with some eastern countries like Hungary and Poland. We should be using these times to build new allies and relationships with these relatively new members.
What about the Czechs?

paulp

Them b@stards in the EU, demanding members uphold democratic principles in their countries.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies