Police officers hurt by explosive

Republic32

They joined the British Crown Forces in an area of occupation knowing there were organisations operating within their jurisdiction, targeting them.They knew the risks.

Garza

Who cares?
Their family and friends?....for a start.

They joined the British Crown Forces in an area of occupation knowing there were organisations operating within their jurisdiction, targeting them.They knew the risks.
So instead of serving the people, robberies, keeping peace and order they have to deal with these gobleens with delusions of granduer? For feck sake they almost killed two wee girls in the summer there!

Lee McKeown

A United Ireland must be merely days away now after this heroic deed....

Or maybe not.

Republic32

Their family and friends?....for a start.

So instead of serving the people, robberies, keeping peace and order they have to deal with these gobleens with delusions of granduer? For feck sake they almost killed two wee girls in the summer there!
I cant remember anyone on here gloating about the attack which almost killed the little girls,so what is your point?
Are you looking for sympathy for the RUC/PSNI or something???
They knew what they were getting into when they signed up.

Garza

I cant remember anyone on here gloating about the attack which almost killed the little girls,so what is your point?
Are you looking for sympathy for the RUC/PSNI or something???
They knew what they were getting into when they signed up.
My point is lives are lives. You really think you are going to get a united ireland by blowing some people up?? Seriously?? What's the point?? Is it a macho thing, a chance to wave your c**k about??

Republic32

My point is lives are lives. You really think you are going to get a united ireland by blowing some people up?? Seriously?? What's the point?? Is it a macho thing, a chance to wave your c**k about??
Whats with the use of the word "you"
Do you reckon im an ONH, R/C IRA supporter/member or something?

Lives?I dont reckon dissident republicans are all too concerned with the Police's safety.

The point The fact is while the six counties are within the UK,there will always be a certain amount of republicans who will not accept british rule of any kind ,and they will target those whom they see as either backing the administrating of British Rule(RUC/PSNI and co) or who knows maybe in future those engaging in administering it.
i doubt those engaged in their campaign believe,a United Ireland will occur through their actions,id imagine its more like a campaign to de-stablise the state,and make sure a normal soceity doesnt prevail? .Some Republicans reckon normalisation is the biggest threat to a United Ireland,that some in the Nationalist community may not want the risk of change, come a vote,if things are going well. That would be my thinking anyway.

macho thing,Probably for some of the new recruits ,there is that part of it,but for the hardened republicans involved who have previous experience with the Provos,etc,i doubt that has any factor.

weepee

I drove past that robbery scene last nite. There was a cop car on the footpath with crimescene tape between it and the shop front, and with a GAA club entrance metres away, a lot of traffic about.

No doubt I will get the 'as long as the British remain here, there will be people prepared to take up arms against them' line, thats probably true, but, if the Troubles have taught us anything, its taught us a military solution to NI is not the answer.

HarryRoberts

but, if the Troubles have taught us anything, its taught us a military solution to NI is not the answer.
If the Troubles have taught us anything it taught us robbery & assorted thuggery is much easier than actually working for a living.

We demand the basic human right to theive without interruption.

oboe

A wholly pathetic and utterly pointless act of violence. Glad no one was seriously hurt.

It's amazing that people on DLA and Incapacity Benefit are capable of throwing at all.

weepee

If the Troubles have taught us anything it taught us robbery & assorted thuggery is much easier than actually working for a living.

We demand the basic human right to theive without interruption.
Actually, robbery and assorted thuggery [whatever that means] does pay better than working if you get away with it, which it appears happened in this case.

weepee

A wholly pathetic and utterly pointless act of violence. Glad no one was seriously hurt.

It's amazing that people on DLA and Incapacity Benefit are capable of throwing at all.
Well well, havnt seen the 'benefits card' played in many a year haha.
If your aware these people are on state benefits, it follows that you know their identities, use that information as a good citizen should please.

PatsyDuffy LiamLynch

Anyone who signs up to the British Militia/ RUC, should know they are undertaking the task of protecting British interests in Ireland.

Resistance to the Capitalist British state will never end and those who protect the foreign interests will never cease to be attacked. That much is obvious after centuries of resistance.

sgtharper

Anyone who signs up to the British Militia/ RUC, should know they are undertaking the task of protecting British interests in Ireland.
And what might they be, these "interests"?

Garza

The point The fact is while the six counties are within the UK,there will always be a certain amount of republicans who will not accept british rule of any kind ,and they will target those whom they see as either backing the administrating of British Rule(RUC/PSNI and co) or who knows maybe in future those engaging in administering it.
If they were any kind of republicans at all they would accept the democratic will of the people. The people will choose if a UI happens or not.

Cruimh

If they were any kind of republicans at all they would accept the democratic will of the people. The people will choose if a UI happens or not.
The bollices resort to violence because they know they don't have a chance at the ballot box. Shots fired in West Belfast last night.
No peace in areas where a whopping majority have shown their support for the GFA.

Purplestar

Its time the government including the shinners got fully behind the police on dealing with these lowlifes. Too much kid gloves policing going on with these scumbags.

Maírtín

Belfast Brigade of Óglaigh na hÉireann have claimed responsibilty for the ambush and said they used a Russian style hand grenade

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies