Policing Authority rips An Garda Siochana a new one

ShoutingIsLeadership

"An urgent response has been requested by An Garda Siochana after the Policing Authority expressed "deep unease at the organisation and management culture" within the organisation.
The group issued a statement Thursday evening following a meeting with Garda Commissioner Nóirín O’Sullivan on the O’Higgins report.
The statement said the group "had serious concern at the impact on victims and at the systemic performance and management failures."
It said it had "dismay at the familiarity of performance failures through various inquiries and reports" – particularly the Morris Tribunal and various Garda Inspectorate Reports."

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Organisation and management culture... to be honest I've been much more worried at the angle of the Garda ears.

Have you ever been stopped on a country road by a fellow in a hi-viz jacket with a pair of ears on him like the handlebars of Shane McGowan.

I'm telling you right now that the Garda Siochana is infested by people who were too slow to become national school teachers.

im axeled

all talk, but no action, have we got enough talking shops, we urgently need an action shop, a shop which has muscle, all we ever get are whimps and bitches

GDPR

Organisation and management culture ....

Well I suppose you could have said the same about Nixons White House. Only people actually went to jail for what they did there, and Nixon himself only escaped through a Presidential pardon.

I'll believe it when I see them in the dock.

Orbit v2

Did they have to use language like “dismal management failures”?

What exactly do they mean by 'dismal'? I mean there are management failures, but putting the boot in like that, makes them look populist and surfing the general anti garda sentiment that exists at the moment.

sethjem7

Organisation and management culture ....

Well I suppose you could have said the same about Nixons White House. Only people actually went to jail for what they did there, and Nixon himself only escaped through a Presidential pardon.

I'll believe it when I see them in the dock.
Will be just harsh words I'm afraid.

redacted

Did they have to use language like “dismal management failures”?

What exactly do they mean by 'dismal'? I mean there are management failures, but putting the boot in like that, makes them look populist and surfing the general anti garda sentiment that exists at the moment.
Only if the failures aren't actually "dismal". They may be in a position to adjudicate on that.

GDPR

Will be just harsh words I'm afraid.
There are at the moment allegations which amount to prima facie cases for suspension of the officers involved, investigation and possible prosecution.

There have been many in the past.

I am not holding my breath.

OrderoftheDragon

Gross management incompetence has been hiding behind the good work of uniform/community gardai for years.

D

Deleted member 34656

Good Lord.

Could it be that one political party's poodle is having a go at another political party's Rottweiler?

How very...different.

Catalpast

The AGS and the Commissioner's Office have now become a political football

- if anyone thinks being a Garda or even a Commissioner is an easy job

- they can apply for one

Joe Public isn't worried about the Gardaí putting the boot in

- they are worried that they are not allowed to anymore

Crime in this State is not the fault of AGS

- its the fault of the criminals

God knows the Gardaí catch enough of them

Its the useless Judiciary that hand down peanut sentences

- that is the root cause of the problem...

james toney

Has a government supporter called it corruption yet?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies