• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Political policing and ongoing harassment in Newry

Truth.ie

Eirigi activist Stephen Murney was jailed today on trumped up charges aimed to stem growing dissent to the Stormont puppet Government.
The bizarre charges are linked to photographs of PSNI officers found in his house.
Photographs of PSNI officers can be found anywhere online or in newspapers.
Murney has been the subject of persistent harassment, as seen in this 2011 article, which claims he was stopped and searched, 98 times in one year.
Eirigi and PSNI in disagreement over 'harassment' claims - Newry Times | Newry Times
He has since been chronicling this harassment and it seems it was this data (evidence of harassment) that has led to his imprisonment.
Last month, he was also issued a death threat by a uniformed PSNI officer, who threatened to "put a bullet" in his head.
http://republican-news.org/current/news/2012/11/eirigi_man_gets_psni_death_thr.html

He's also been charged with having band uniforms in his house, yet PSF members walked the streets of Dungiven in similar uniforms only a few months ago.
Political policing and the judicial apartheid continues.
GFA is a joke.

longmarch

Eirigi activist Stephen Murney was jailed today on trumped up charges aimed to stem growing dissent to the Stormont puppet Government.
The bizarre charges are linked to photographs of PSNI officers found in his house.
Photographs of PSNI officers can be found anywhere online or in newspapers.
Murney has been the subject of persistent harassment, as seen in this 2011 article, which claims he was stopped and searched, 98 times in one year.
Eirigi and PSNI in disagreement over 'harassment' claims - Newry Times | Newry Times
He has since been chronicling this harassment and it seems it was this data (evidence of harassment) that has led to his imprisonment.
Last month, he was also issued a death threat by a uniformed PSNI officer, who threatened to "put a bullet" in his head.
http://republican-news.org/current/news/2012/11/eirigi_man_gets_psni_death_thr.html

He's also been charged with having band uniforms in his house, yet PSF members walked the streets of Dungiven in similar uniforms only a few months ago.
Political policing and the judicial apartheid continues.
GFA is a joke.

He is a completely innocent bloke and everything he says is true. They are band uniforms and photos of police were simply for use in harassment claims.

This constant police action is so over the top. Dissident republicans are good guys with simple peaceful outlooks.

Truth, do you know of any protests coming up so I can come out and support this poor lad? It's getting like N.Korea around here

InsideImDancing

He is a completely innocent bloke and everything he says is true. They are band uniforms and photos of police were simply for use in harassment claims.

This constant police action is so over the top. Dissident republicans are good guys with simple peaceful outlooks.

Truth, do you know of any protests coming up so I can come out and support this poor lad? It's getting like N.Korea around here
Like this sort of police tactic worked in the past. Anti-GFA Republicans are being interned whether involved in violence or not, it's the stupid failed tactics of the past.

Ó Donnchadha

98 times ! One would think that the Cops need to ************************e or get off the pot. If the cops are so sure that this guy is involved in terror activities, the odds are that at least once they would have found something resembling admissible evidence.

Say what you will about the States, but I cannot be searched unless the cops have obtained a search warrant. If I was stopped 98 times, there would have been a massive lawsuit ad I would be substantially wealthy.

Are there any external watch groups i.e. UN or other human rights groups monitoring these searches ?

Ó Donnchadha

Anyone who is stopped 98 times (therefore knowing the police are watching him) and still keeps illegal material on his home computer deserves to be locked up for gross stupidity.

Idiot.

Photos are illegal in Northern Ireland ? I doubt they can get a conviction on those charges. They can indict a ham sandwich but a conviction is another thing.

Ex celt

Who is this guy? Is he another martyr in the making? Has anyone written a song about him yet?
What does he do for a living?
Does he have any hobbies or outside interests?
Has he studied the Communist Manifesto?
What makes him tick?

Truth.ie

Anyone who is stopped 98 times (therefore knowing the police are watching him) and still keeps illegal material on his home computer deserves to be locked up for gross stupidity.

Idiot.
So if I'm walking down the street, see the cops harassing some kids, and I record it on my mobile phone, I can be jailed under anti- terror legislation?
It's not like he was photographing them leaving their houses.
As I said, the internet is full of images of PSNI folk.
This is just a continuation of the harassment of this man during the last year.
It's also an attempt to prevent people from highlighting malparactices.

Truth.ie

Who is this guy? Is he another martyr in the making? Has anyone written a song about him yet?
What does he do for a living?
Does he have any hobbies or outside interests?
Has he studied the Communist Manifesto?
What makes him tick?
Ask Biffo, he knows all about him intimately..
Reckons he should be locked up.
He has the court deposition and evidence book right beside him.

Ex celt

So if I'm walking down the street, see the cops harassing some kids, and I record it on my mobile phone, I can be jailed under anti- terror legislation?
It's not like he was photographing them leaving their houses.
As I said, the internet is full of images of PSNI folk.
This is just a continuation of the harassment of this man during the last year.
It's also an attempt to prevent people from highlighting malparactices.
Why does he not take up another less sinister hobby? Life would be a lot easier for him.

Truth.ie

Why does he not take up another less sinister hobby? Life would be a lot easier for him.
Hobby?
He's the one getting harassed ffs.
Police figures showed that in one 3 month period "stop and search" legislation was used 2400 times in Nationalist areas of Derry. Nothing was found.
PSNI accused of
Meanwhile in the same period in Larne, the same legislation was used only ONCE . Drugs were found.
It's obvious police use these powers as a psychological weapon to wear down political opponents to Stormont, and to isolate and marginalise.

LDF

This is a ludicrous conviction. The man obviously has a PSNI fetish. He requires medical help. I hope he gets it in prison.

Ex celt

Hobby?
Police figures showed that in one 3 month period "stop and search" legislation was used 2400 times in Nationalist areas of Derry. Nothing was found.
PSNI accused of
Meanwhile in the same period in Larne, the same legislation was used only ONCE . Drugs were found.
It's obvious police use these powers as a psychological weapon to wear down political opponents to Stormont, and to isolate and marginalise.
A bit of time out at HM's pleasure will give him a bit of time to reflect.Every cloud has a silver lining and all that!
I believe that the cells at HM Maghaberry are the last word in luxury and were designed by that chap Llewellyn-Bowen.

Truth.ie

A bit of time out at HM's pleasure will give him a bit of time to reflect.Every cloud has a silver lining and all that!
I believe that the cells at HM Maghaberry are the last word in luxury and were designed by that chap Llewellyn-Bowen.
Well, that "debate" deteriated pretty damn fast.

Ex celt

Well, that "debate" deteriated pretty damn fast.
Sorry but this guy and all the eirigi detritus are really just an irritation in irish life. I would also put the dissos and their fellow travellers in that class. No one cares. They are a sinister sight in irish towns on both sides of the border standing in their chav garb holding up placards with pronouncements that no one really cares about. Any harassment on them is self inflicted.

Truth.ie

This is a ludicrous conviction. The man obviously has a PSNI fetish. He requires medical help. I hope he gets it in prison.
He was alleging harrasment. The PSNI were denying harassment.
So he was gathering proof of this harassment.
Possession of this proof is what he is being jailed for.

Ex celt

And "terrorists" put their intel on Facebook these days????
Laughable.
As each day passes, more and more people are seeing the Stormont set up as a sham.
I agree that it is a sham but,I suspect, for different reasons.
Direct Rule is the answer.

DT123

98 times ! One would think that the Cops need to ************************e or get off the pot. If the cops are so sure that this guy is involved in terror activities, the odds are that at least once they would have found something resembling admissible evidence.

Say what you will about the States, but I cannot be searched unless the cops have obtained a search warrant. If I was stopped 98 times, there would have been a massive lawsuit ad I would be substantially wealthy.

Are there any external watch groups i.e. UN or other human rights groups monitoring these searches ?
Remind us again what evidence the US requires to send suspected terrorists to Guantanamo Bay,where they are tortured for years without any access to a solicitor and without any formal charges?

Sort your own countries human rights abuses out,before worrying about some scrote who will either be charged or released in a day or two.

Hobby?
PSNI accused of
When you were on sorting out your statistics,did you happen to check how many times the PSNI were attacked in Derry as opposed to Larne,in the same three month period?

And "terrorists" put their intel on Facebook these days????
Laughable.
As each day passes, more and more people are seeing the Stormont set up as a sham.
You and your dissos can stand for election,and then we will see how many people think it is a "sham" and how many would prefer a return to conflict? When you have 50% +1 signed up for violence,then come back to us.

Truth.ie

U.S citizens are free to record officers on duty.
In fact it's encouraged to prevent misbehaviour of malpractice.
Hundreds of Loyalists were walking around Derry City Centre today with mobile phone cameras recording the police and Nationalists.
The BBC has images of PSNI officers on it's website today.

Popular Threads

Most Replies