• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Politician ordered to clear tab of €1,400 at Dail bar

eoghanacht

Sync

That's so embarrasing. Who in their right mind would let that build up in their place of business? Just pay it off so you don't look bad. Idiot.

DCon

It was spent on "snacks for visiting school children" not tax free booze..

Sync

Well no, that's what Finian spent €50 on. The bill's not wasting our money, it has to be paid off, it's a personal debt (although some of it may be expensed I'm sure). What gets me is the mentality of someone who's meant to be one of the top people in the country not knowing that this makes him/her look bad. It's just stupid.

showbandmanager

country goin down the tubes fast and this is what finian mcgrath finds to get worked up about . pathetic.

johnfás

That's so embarrasing. Who in their right mind would let that build up in their place of business? Just pay it off so you don't look bad. Idiot.
What place of work in its right mind would have beer taps on the premises.

Time to tear out the taxpayer subsidised boozer, replace it with an education centre so that future generations can know about the political system. If politicians want to have a liquid lunch they can do so out of their own pocket at the plethora of pubs in Dublin 2.

I love how the chief whip says that politicians "treat" school tours to a soft drink and a snack. They do in their arse. They bill it to their parliamentary expenses and ergo the cost gets passed on to the children's parents and all other tax payers. These guys are deluded.

Asparagus

Alternative Headline.Thick TD defaults on TIC.
We can not let a TD default, TDs are systemically important. If they default then the whole vintners federation will tumble and so i propose we move TDs bar bills into NAMA.

laidback

I cant understand this members difficulty with paying his bar bill (which may or may not include crisps, and coca cola for visiting school parties) given the new expenses regime introduced in March 2010.

Members are now automatically paid expenses monthly tax free into their bank account with salary. They no longer have to claim.....! Round figure allowances for expenses have been established (by them - not any independent body needless to say).

They can opt for €15,000 pa(unvouched) or €25,700 vouched (well 10% will be asked to produce receipts at a later stage). No problem getting a receipt from the Dail bar for all these crisps and soft drinks. I understand alcoholic drinks would be allowable - for your stressed constituents of course.

Wonder if this member with the bar bill is also the one I hear is not paying school fees to a Dublin school to their great annoyance, expecially as my other parents have genuine cash flow problems due to unemployment etc.

Also wonder why the Minister for Health hasn't taken action to close the dail bars given its government policy to tackle our drinking culture, and as an earlier poster said, how many other workplaces have bars?

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
Perhaps we need a Bar NAMA for Politicians. After all, the price of drink is dropping, therefore it's unfair to expect politican to now pay the full price of it.

I propose that the price of all bar tabs is reduced by 2/3rd. Please inform Matt Cooper.

P.

The Underdog

CookieMonster

Well done Finian McGrath. You've earned your money this week. Bar tabs! FFS!

edor

Would this politician be one who never signs in perhaps because they live too far away?

mmrebel

Would this politician be one who never signs in perhaps because they live too far away?
Its no one its no one from the Government nor FG or Lab......................

The thing is who is leaking this and why ? The civil services in the Oireachtas seem to be doing a lot of that lately

EvotingMachine0197

What place of work in its right mind would have beer taps on the premises.

Time to tear out the taxpayer subsidised boozer, replace it with an education centre so that future generations can know about the political system. If politicians want to have a liquid lunch they can do so out of their own pocket at the plethora of pubs in Dublin 2.

I love how the chief whip says that politicians "treat" school tours to a soft drink and a snack. They do in their arse. They bill it to their parliamentary expenses and ergo the cost gets passed on to the children's parents and all other tax payers. These guys are deluded.
Fully in favour of that. I'm sure it costs a few bob just to operate this bar. Apart from it being ridiculous having a pub in a parliament, the operating cost probably is paid for by the taxpayer.

Unless it is turning a profit ? I dunno...

drjimryan2

Also wonder why the Minister for Health hasn't taken action to close the dail bars given its government policy to tackle our drinking culture, and as an earlier poster said, how many other workplaces have bars?[/QUOTE]

....every army baracks in the country,
The Irish farm centre.....etc...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies