Poll: FF to lose 2 Dublin Central seats unless Bertie Runs

TommyO'Brien

A poll published in the Sunday Independent says that unless FF gets Bertie Ahern to run in the next election, it will lose both seats in Dublin Central. Even if he does run, he would only scrape the fourth seat, such has his credibility dropped in his own constituency.

The poll predicts Joe Costello would win the first seat, Paschal Donohoe the second, Maureen O'Sullivan the third, and if Ahern ran, he would get the fourth. If he didn't, Labour would win the fourth seat.

If FF are facing a complete wipeout in an area where they traditionally could win two, and which was the base of one of its most popular leader in its history, FF is facing a disaster beyond their worst nightmare.

In brief: Fianna Fail face a wipeout in Capital constituency 'unless Bertie will run' - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

cricket

Hopefully , by the time the next election takes place , people will have realised that Bertie was a central figure in our current troubles and he'll get what we in Cork refer to as the soldier's farewell.

sport02

Could Bertie not do us all a favour and just stay in the cupboard.

Pauli

Bertie is gone. It wouldn't be safe for him to canvass. So FF have to reckon with meltdown here.

meriwether

Shows the strength of Labour in Dublin.

They are going to clean up in the capital. FG to hold their own, and add a few, most of the limited FG gais to be outside Dublin.

True Republican

So possibly Labour 2 seats, FG 1 seat and Maureen O'sullivan win the 4 seats in Dublin Central.

Broke

Shows the strength of Labour in Dublin.

They are going to clean up in the capital. FG to hold their own, and add a few, most of the limited FG gais to be outside Dublin.
Will FF be in trouble outside of Dublin.

Don Herron

Hopefully , by the time the next election takes place , people will have realised that Bertie was a central figure in our current troubles and he'll get what we in Cork refer to as the soldier's farewell.
To be fair though, he did give us a multicultural society. He wasn't all bad.

TommyO'Brien

The fact that Sinn Féin isn't featuring should concern that party.

Harmonica

Surprised SF not in line to snatch a seat.

Sure de brother only 12% in the by election and FF support has fallen a lot since then.

Surely Bertie doesn't have the gall to run again given he has basically already retired. I would have though he was a liability now as would presumably want to run alongside Brady again & shaft Fitzpatrick again.

I would love it he ran though as would be my only opportunity to express my opinion to him

Noggin

I would have thought Mary Fitzpatrick would have had a reasonable chance of holding a seat for FF, going by the local elections she seems to have a high personal rather than party vote.

super pedestrian

I can't see Ahern winning a seat if he runs given the result De Brudder got at the By-election.
The first 3 seats will go Lab, Ind & FG with Lab getting the last seat thanks to SF and other left candidates transfers. Unfortunately with O'Sullivan getting a seat you may as well count that as one for FF.

Crannog

Thats DC for you. Bertie will still take a seat there said it weeks ago on another Blog. But he wont be running so FF will struggle for a seat. It will be a three way fight for the last two seats between SF MOS and the second Labour. Regardless of any poll i still wouldnt be 100% on FG in Central.

Truth1

He still has any support? Christ, what is it with those people, Stockholm syndrome?
God who are these supporters of Bertie Ahern now that he has nothing to corruptly give. A Taoiseach without a bank account who explains hidden money by reference to a a bet on a horse who he cannot name - who sent a lackey to go up every tree in Dublin to find nothing about Burke ( "a decent man") who let Pee take IR£50k originally thought by the donor for FF - referred to suicide thoughts for those who dared challenge - Get real - Bertie should get out of the cupboard quickly and flee. Time as they might say in Fagans! More of that ************************************************ from developer Nua FF promoter and national executive member Jerry Beades. The TEEU protest when it takes place should pass by Drumcondra and let them all agree that cosy partnership consensus was to keep Bertie & Co in power for as long as possible. Time!:|

New Threads

Most Replies