• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Poll finds two-thirds of Irish adults support gay marriage

CptSternn

Poll finds two-thirds of Irish adults support gay marriage

A NEW POLL has found that 66 per cent of Irish adults believe that same-sex marriage with all legal entitlements should be legislated for.
The Behaviour and Attitudes poll in the Sunday Times shows strong support for gay marriage among the 971 people who were surveyed earlier this month over a two-week period.
This is good news. I would say even more support it than that, at least in many areas.

ger12

The Civil Partnership Bill (introduced by the Greens) has paved the way to the introduction of full gay marriage.

It is indeed very welcome news.

TheYouthVote

The real danger if it were put to a vote (which it will be but it shouldn't be) is that the pro-marriage equality side would find it hard to get out the vote, especially from pro-marriage equality straight people who may not vote on an issue they don't think effects them. However, the anti-equality brigade would be out in force in an attempt to exercise their right to curtail other human beings rights.

I can hear David Quinn tapping away as we speak.

ger12

The real danger if it were put to a vote (which it will be but it shouldn't be) is that the pro-marriage equality side would find it hard to get out the vote, especially from pro-marriage equality straight people who may not vote on an issue they don't think effects them. However, the anti-equality brigade would be out in force in an attempt to exercise their right to curtail other human beings rights.

I can hear David Quinn tapping away as we speak.
I honestly don't believe Mr Quinn and his brigade are half as powerful as they were a decade ago. If it's put to a vote it'll pass (imo).

ger12

At least you have the honesty to admit your thin end of the wedge tactics.

Gay "marriage" implies gays getting their hands on children. I seriously doubt most right-minded people would want to see that.
Be gone dark force, back to 1950's Ireland ...............

controller

It'll be interesting to see who will be the first to shout "Bigot" to anybody that voices an opinion against gay marraige

seth lord

When a referendum is put to the people regarding this abomination never fear, it will be opposed tooth and nail by every right thinking person in the country. Every tactic will be used to see that it is defeated.

Ulster-Lad

It'll be interesting to see who will be the first to shout "Bigot" to anybody that voices an opinion against gay marraige
Just another gay thread controller.

Limerick Lad

At least you have the honesty to admit your thin end of the wedge tactics.

Gay "marriage" implies gays getting their hands on children. I seriously doubt most right-minded people would want to see that.
What do you mean by "gays getting their hands on children"? Are you suggesting that gay adoptive parents would be abusive in some way to their children and if so what statistics have you to back up that gay parents are more likely to be unfit parents than any other parents.

Future Irish Leader

As a Fine Gael supporter I see no problem with Gay marriage, I think it is becoming the main civil rights issue of this century.

Future Irish Leader

When a referendum is put to the people regarding this abomination never fear, it will be opposed tooth and nail by every right thinking person in the country. Every tactic will be used to see that it is defeated.
Abomination ? What are you a disgusting priest ? These people are the same as you or I and should be treated with the same respect that is afforded to us.

Mercurial

This result is actually down slightly on recent polls, which have put support for marriage equality at above 70%.

There is a general trend, however, which has developed over the last five or six years which has seen support for marriage equality climb steadily.

dizillusioned

Normal couples are queuing up to adopt. It will be a long time before helpless, innocent children are sacrificed to the Great Gay Social Experiment.
Really, so my son is sacrificed? Must tell him that, he loves a good laugh.... BTW define "Normal" please.

Mercurial

The lefty drafters will pose the question:

"Do you believe in equalilty?"

Not:

"Do you think those who like bum sex should be allowed to adopt children?"
You forgot about the lesbians. Predictably.

( and the straight people who engage in anal sex )

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies