- Apr 19, 2020
And how much came from the EU exactly?That is not true.
The following are the figures as published at the time,
The bailout will total €85bn
• There's to be a 5.8% blended interest rate
• Ireland will not be not locked out of the bond market
The €85bn is to be split as follows:
• €50bn to run the country, pay civil service etc.
• €35bn for the banks, with €17.5bn to come from Irish reserves
• €3.44bn is coming from the UK, €393m from Denmark and €598m from Sweden.
So €3.44bn out of a total of €85bn came from the UK.
The rest came from Irish reserves, the EU and the IMF