Poll tracking and a poll of polls

Sync

If anyone can suggest links to fill in the blanks (or point out any errors) that would be lovely.

It really would appear Labour are shagged.

midlander12

If anyone can suggest links to fill in the blanks (or point out any errors) that would be lovely.

It really would appear Labour are shagged.
Well, yes, compared to 2011, or 1992 if you want to go back a bit. Otherwise, 11% or even 9% is well within their usual support levels.

Plebian

Core Red C party support levels from GE 2011 to Feb 2014. Showing a dramatic drop in FF and FGs combined core vote from 48% to 40% and FG/FF/LAB combined dropping from a core of 64% to 49% over the last three years.

Last edited:

emulator

Even though it is a compilation of data, continuing the extrapolation would show SF overtaking FG some time between May and June 2014.
Jesus on a stick lads :shock:

Ye will give HBAP and the rest of them a heart attack if you keep that up. FG will stop at nothing to try to make sure SF don't overtake them.... nothing.

Expect some very shady dealings....

LamportsEdge

Two things interest me as identifiable trends over a period of time in Ireland. The drop in FF/FG support combined to less than a majority figure between them and more recently the threat from the Independents to stake out a percentage nearer a quarter of the electorate.

Long may those trends continue.

emulator

Two things interest me as identifiable trends over a period of time in Ireland. The drop in FF/FG support combined to less than a majority figure between them and more recently the threat from the Independents to stake out a percentage nearer a quarter of the electorate.

Long may those trends continue.
Precisely.

It can only be seen as very healthy to have so many Independent candidates for the locals in May.... vote for anyone bar FF/FG/Labour.

Not even a preference.

jmcc

It isn't just the Independents, the don't knows have massively expanded so what is being seen is on a par with the way that many people in Ireland lost faith in the Catholic Church. It is a breakdown of the old political certainties that families would remain loyal to specific parties.

DeGaulle 2.0

Website
ga.wikipedia.org
Even though it is a compilation of data, continuing the extrapolation would show SF overtaking FG some time between May and June 2014.
Jesus on a stick lads :shock:

Ye will give HBAP and the rest of them a heart attack if you keep that up. FG will stop at nothing to try to make sure SF don't overtake them.... nothing.

Expect some very shady dealings....
Tick tock
Any fair-minded person would see FG support in that graph on an upward trend in the past year while SF support is at best static.

Plebian

Any fair-minded person would see FG support in that graph on an upward trend in the past year while SF support is at best static.
I would entirely agree, SF has plateaued and may have no higher to go in this electoral term while FG have recovered the 2-3%ish from their almost parity with FF. It still isn't that rosy a picture for FG either, at their traditional level of support with their mudguard holed in the water and FF are back in touchish with them.

southwestkerry

Precisely.

It can only be seen as very healthy to have so many Independent candidates for the locals in May.... vote for anyone bar FF/FG/Labour.

Not even a preference.
Independent's a sure fire way to sink the country in the the hell that awaits.
swk

An Gilladaker

Here's a graphical representation of the poll tracking from the start of 2013. It includes MRBI, RedC and Millward-Brown as well as a poll of polls.

Admittedly the poll of polls isn't perfect because MRBI don't run every month and they also count Greens separately. For my sanity I've included the Greens in the Others section for the Poll of Polls. It's starting from Feb as I can't find a Millward or MRBI from Jan.

I'll update it as required when new polls come out. If anyone could find MRBI or Millward polls from Jan or any MRBIs for March or April, or better yet suggest another statistically measured poll (i.e: No internet or radio polls) that would be awesome.

Red C Polls:

Millward-Brown Polls:

MRBI Polls:

Poll of Polls:

Is the Red C poll on track for tonight :confused:

St Jovite

Banned
Is the Red C poll on track for tonight :confused:

Richard Colwell ‏@REDCMD 4h
Keep an eye @sundaybusiness and @patleahysbp for early results from the @RedCResearch euro candidate constituency polls later today.

https://twitter.com/REDCMD

Follow the above on twitter if you want the latest news from Red C.

Mary Who

Precisely.

Not even a preference.
Be careful what you pray for, you might just get it !