Poll tracking and a poll of polls

Northsideman

Looking very good in the new poll MM - see the stats in Ru's post 670. All younger age groups voting for Sinn Fein.
The problem with that is they are the very demographic most likely not to actually vote on the day. Polls are all fine and dandy getting your vote is the key.

Talk Back

The problem with that is they are the very demographic most likely not to actually vote on the day. Polls are all fine and dandy getting your vote is the key.
That's true - younger voters are not as likely to bother voting - but it shows that the support is growing all the time for Sinn Fein - they will vote at some stage in their lives.

My family are FF - but I'll vote for Sinn Fein when I'm older.

Ludo1973

That's true - younger voters are not as likely to bother voting - but it shows that the support is growing all the time for Sinn Fein - they will vote at some stage in their lives.
But by then they get around to actually voting, they will have grown up and changed their outlook on life and vote FG in their 40s and 50s and then FF when over 60.

Mickeymac

Think positive and an end to homelessness, high rents and waiting lists ffs.

jmcc

Brera

K
The problem I saw was that the membership was older than the general population, many joined during the FitzGerald era and still believe in the just society idea. Unfortunately, that no longer resonates with the Facebook generation who are more into the high tech version of bread and circus.
I’m afraid well have to disagree on that point. I was a member of YFG at the time and didn’t support and neither did lots of others.

What actually damaged his vote among the members was the fact that he had been doing the chicken dinner circuit for years before hand. He came across as very capable and a different type of leader on the TV but when members got to meet him in real life they found him aloof and uninspiring.

MVOR

OMG, FFFG could very well be in opposition to the new government.

YEEHAW.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, more likely they’ll be in government together again after the election but this time they might actually admit it. They’ll do yet more harm to the rest of us. Then there’ll be another election and with any luck so may old FFFG will have died because of their policies that they’ll be decimated at the next election.

At the minute with RTÉ in their pocket and so many foolish people willing to vote for them, they’ll no doubt scrape the required 50%.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies