• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

ShoutingIsLeadership

to be fair to FF, the public attitude to Covid restrictions has changed,
& the change coincided with FF/FG replacing FG.

i don't think that there's any great difference in ability between FF & FG.

Donnelly is every bit as good a spoofer as Harris,
in addition, i reckon that he has a bit more between the ears than Harris has.
Are you kidding me? Harris has convinced a chunk of this country that he is the best health minister ever. Meanwhile, Donnelly is the minister for trampolines

Fullforward

Its a bit silly to pay attention to polls taken now, they have no relevance to a future election.
Polls influence a lot of people, the weaker and glory-hunting type of Fianna Failler will be jumping ship after that poll and it will increase the opposition to Martin within FF.

Fullforward

Last edited:
Last edited:
Some of the reasons why FF are falling so low include the fact that it is so hard to figure out what they actually stand for these days and how they are the masters of prevarication. In relation to Covid, purely on the basis of the numbers clear action needs to be taken in relation to Dublin but all FF will do is flute around with how many people can call to your house, something that has almost zero chance of being monitored. That's the FF way.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Powerful argument. He has. Donnelly not only has not, but is seen by those people as depriving them of minister Harris.
SIL is right, many people do consider Harris to have been a fantastic MoH based on a few months taking advice from the CMO

They've completely forgotten how useless he was before that

However, the further we go from the height of the Covid crisis, and get back to mundane matters of Government, his incompetence will show through again

SuirView

SIL is right, many people do consider Harris to have been a fantastic MoH based on a few months taking advice from the CMO

However, the further we go from the height of the Covid crisis, and get back to mundane matters of Government, his incompetence will show through again
I know you left SF but you and others must surely question why SF demoted Louise O'Reilly from her job as SF spokesperson on Health?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
I know you left SF but you and others must surely question why SF demoted Louise O'Reilly from her job as SF spokesperson on Health?
That depends on whether you consider it a demotion. SF are preparing for Government in the near future. When that happens, Louise O Reilly will be an important part of any cabinet. Having a wide knowledge of different portfolios will be an advantage for her.

I don't consider it a demotion. She is now tasked with shadowing the Táiniste. Do you think he chose that Department, believing it to be an insignificant one?

SuirView

That depends on whether you consider it a demotion. SF are preparing for Government in the near future. When that happens, Louise O Reilly will be an important part of any cabinet. Having a wide knowledge of different portfolios will be an advantage for her.

I don't consider it a demotion. She is now tasked with shadowing the Táiniste. Do you think he chose that Department, believing it to be an insignificant one?
Do you consider Louise O'Reilly's move from SF Health spokesperson to SF spokesperson for Enterprise, Trade and Employment as a promotion?
It's a yes or no answer!
Thanks.

Barroso

Given that Donnelly has several degrees and the Dropout none, I'd almost be willing to accept that 3rd level education doesn't add much to a politician's abilities.
But as you say, just think back to the Dropout's career prior to March 2020.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Given that Donnelly has several degrees and the Dropout none, I'd almost be willing to accept that 3rd level education doesn't add much to a politician's abilities.
But as you say, just think back to the Dropout's career prior to March 2020.
Simon Harris was an utterly brutal Minister for Health.. and up to now, he's proving to be an utterly useless Minister for Higher Education

What new ideas, policies, programs has he brought forward since becoming Minister?

The guy is living off the belief that he did well in Health, when his most auspicious time was regurgitating information that was given to him by the CMO..

He's not for example addressed the massive anomaly caused by the inflated grades, which has disadvantaged last years LCs who may have taken a year out before applying and are now facing LCs with inflated points totals.

And while some will say they should have applied last year, what about next years LCs if there is, as is likely going to be a massive number or deferrals, or people this year waiting a year, and will come back in next CAO season with inflated points levels

I see Josepha Madigan this evening asking if plans are in place to have an election while we're still in pandemic restriction mode. I am convinced by that statement that FG are simply biding their time before running to the country again.. because the further we get from last March, the more people like Harris' and Varadkars lack of ability will shine through all over again

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Do you consider Louise O'Reilly's move from SF Health spokesperson to SF spokesperson for Enterprise, Trade and Employment as a promotion?
It's a yes or no answer!
Thanks.
I am not trying to be smart here.. but are you thick?

My response to your question literally had this line in it.. " I don't consider it a demotion"

Do you understand what that means?

SuirView

I am not trying to be smart here.. but are you thick?

My response to your question literally had this line in it.. " I don't consider it a demotion"

Do you understand what that means?
I do.
Your trouble is that you think that a SF Health Spokesperson is the same as a SF Spokesperson for Enterprise, Trade and Employment!
Couldn’t make it up!
Thanks.

ainm_eile

I see Josepha Madigan this evening asking if plans are in place to have an election while we're still in pandemic restriction mode. I am convinced by that statement that FG are simply biding their time before running to the country again.. because the further we get from last March, the more people like Harris' and Varadkars lack of ability will shine through all over again
As long as Ireland has open borders with the UK and US, coronavirus will be in the country and it'll be difficult hold elections without risking a huge outbreak.

Don't forget either that FF control the ministry for local government, and would have little reason to make it easy to hold elections anytime soon. Obviously FF couldn't stop an election, but they could force a delay of at least 3 to 6 months from the day FG publicly announced they wanted one.

jmcc

He remind you that you have application forms for SF

He'll remind me I used to be in SF

He'll claim Gerry never tried to form a Government

Say thank you, haha.. and sign off
Yep. :)

Seriously though, the difference between the telephone/online polling and F2F polling is well outside the Margin of Errors on both polls. The B&A one is closer to the GE results.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom