• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Poll tracking and a poll of polls

locke

I am always distrustful of polls that put Independents up for a couple of reasons. 1) There's no guarantee that there will be a good Independent or even any Independent in any given constituency and 2) it can be a handy bucket to express dissatisfaction with a party, but the vote will return to that party when the campaign gets started.

Still there's something to think about for every party here.

It's only good for Labour, but even for them, they are just getting back to where they were at the last election and that isn't good enough.

FG and SF can't ignore falls of that magnitude as they are a sign of dissatisfaction with the parties, even if supporters aren't willing to jump ship to another party.

FF might be secretly happy as with FG and SF falling by an even greater magnitude, it should be positive from a seats perspective.

Mickeymac

I am always distrustful of polls that put Independents up for a couple of reasons. 1) There's no guarantee that there will be a good Independent or even any Independent in any given constituency and 2) it can be a handy bucket to express dissatisfaction with a party, but the vote will return to that party when the campaign gets started.

Still there's something to think about for every party here.

It's only good for Labour, but even for them, they are just getting back to where they were at the last election and that isn't good enough.

FG and SF can't ignore falls of that magnitude as they are a sign of dissatisfaction with the parties, even if supporters aren't willing to jump ship to another party.

FF might be secretly happy as with FG and SF falling by an even greater magnitude, it should be positive from a seats perspective.

I thought Irish Labor were all washed up.

SPN

No, Irish Labour is resilient and will come back!
For our childrens' sake, let's hope they don't.

We already have a real Fianna Fail.

We don't need a bunch of half assed Amateur FFailures stuck in the trough beside them.

the secretary

An outlier.

DJP

Quick Michael pull the plug and have an election! lol
Don't think Leo will want to go to the country if this poll is right
Will they plan properly if they get into Government unlike for several years when Bertie Ahern was Taoiseach?

I'd have a good bit of faith in Micheál Martin but on the basis of past experience with them I wouldn't trust a lot of the party.

Dame_Enda

20% of hospital consultant posts are unfilled, according to Louise O'Reilly on The Tonight Show on VM1 the other night. The FF health service was much condemned by RTE and FG/Labour at the time but its 10 times worse under FG/Labour and FG/IA. Maybe if FG in Opposition had not opposed PPARS with the help of media we would have better cost control and more efficient use of resources in the health service.

the secretary

20% of hospital consultant posts are unfilled, according to Louise O'Reilly on The Tonight Show on VM1 the other night. The FF health service was much condemned by RTE and FG/Labour at the time but its 10 times worse under FG/Labour and FG/IA. Maybe if FG in Opposition had not opposed PPARS with the help of media we would have better cost control and more efficient use of resources in the health service.
I am open to correction here but doesn't her party have a policy of not wanting to pay those in the public sector over 100,000.
Would consultants be included in this

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies