Pope begins second visit to spain.

theObserver@hotmail.com

Pope Benedict XVI has warned of an "aggressive anti-clericalism" in Spain which he said was akin to that experienced during the 1930s.

He arrived in the pilgrimage city of Santiago de Compostela at the beginning of a two-day visit to Spain.

"The clash between faith and modernity is happening again, and it is very strong today," he told reporters on the plane, quoted by AFP news agency.

He is due to celebrate an open-air mass and then travel to Barcelona on Sunday.

"Spain saw in the 1930s the birth of a strong and aggressive anti-clericalism," Pope Benedict said.

He urged a "meeting between faith and secularism and not a confrontation" in Spain and the rest of Europe.

This is Benedict's second visit during his papacy, and a third visit is planned next year for World Youth Day, a sign of how important the Vatican considers the health of the church in Spain.

Only 14.4% of Spaniards regularly attend mass, and legal changes to allow divorce, gay marriage and abortion have caused concern to the Catholic Church.

But 73% of Spaniards still define themselves as Catholic.
BBC News - Pope Benedict XVI sees 'aggressive secularism' in Spain

Benedict is more desperate than FF to cling to power. Well done Spain for rejecting Roman rule.

Cato

How do you make that out if 73% of the people of Spain define themselves as Catholic?

The Church needs a Reformation from within

- & that has not happened yet.
If anything there is a Counter-Reformation happening against VII.

Good to see that mass attendance is down so low. Could be the first step for freedom for many.

USER1234

The pope will have to get past this

Brace For the Kissing Flashmob: Spain's Gay Community To Protest Pope

Pucker up Spain, it's a sexual revolution.

Spanish gays and lesbians will welcome Pope Benedict XVI to their country this weekend with a massive homosexual kiss-in.

Event organizers, have invited gays and lesbians from around Spain through their Facebook page, candidly called a "queer kissing flashmob," to come ans spread to love in front of Barcelona's Cathedral. Over 1,500 sexual patriots, unhappy about Pope Benedict's comments towards same sex marriage have arranged to assemble in front of the Gothic cathedral 10a.m., when the Pope is due to arrive.

"No placards, no flags, no shouting and no slogans. Only kissing allowed," the Facebook page reads. "When Benedict XVI passes in front of us we will kiss, man-to-man and woman-to-woman," Marylene Carole, one of the creators of the event to reporters."Once the kiss is over we will go on our way as if nothing had happened," she said.

However, there are some who are not feeling the love, the Facebook group has provoked many Spanish Catholics and using the word "queer" has also caused controversy even resulting in the temporarily shut down of their Facebook group.

Radical and creative protests to papal visits throughout Europe are very much alive. In September, men wearing angel wing costumes headed for St Mary's University College in London in advance of Pope Benedict's arrival.

Here at NewsFeed, we hope that the Pope and the protesters can just kiss and make up.
Source: newsfeed.time.com - Brace For the Kissing Flashmob: Spain's Gay Community To Protest Pope

Cato

Last edited:

A Time for Every Purpose

That is true.

Remember that the Church has been through many Crises in its History

- & has survived them all.:)
Yes and while I do not agree with much of HOW she goes about it, she is correct in her overall view, long term.
All those 'blind' people who will not see their bankrupt ideas until they
have LOST everything .

Funny isn't it, how many EX GAYS there are,that we do not hear about in the MEDIA.

truthisfree

But some shopkeepers are disappointed by the number of people coming to the city for the Papal visit.

"There are still no people, we're very surprised," one souvenir shop owner told AFP news agency.
Not quite the crowd puller he once was!

USER1234

Funny isn't it, how many EX GAYS there are,that we do not hear about in the MEDIA.
you don't hear about them for a few reasons

1) Ex gay therapy's have all the scientific value of wet toilet tissue in fact there have shown to be harmful to the people who use them

2) All ex gay therapies do is brainwashing and are mostly run by anti gay groups or by anti gay fundamentalist Christian regions which then get those brainwashed people to join their church!!!

3) For all the brainwashed ex gays out there there stories of people coming out of it and releasing who they really are and there are many high profile cases of this as well

Last edited:

Cato

You really do not see the writing on the wall, but then you are' blind' with hatred.
I don't really feel hatred towards anything. Such a strong emotion would be contrary to my ethical outlook, and whatever about an initial response to something, it would not be carried on after that.

As ever, with you, you hide behind obscurity and then pretend to have wisdom. State what you mean to say clearly. Let us see where you stand and on what rational basis you do so.

A Time for Every Purpose

"Catholic" is an identity with many layers of meaning.
Agreed.
One thing I know for certain is that laws govern our existence.
Those who cannnot see beyond the end of their own 'desires ,had better
be sure they are harmless ones like eating sweets.
Poor souls,[ like the ones who will never ever repay their mortgages,not ever],
they are people whose future is damned, by their own hatred.

I neither hate or love the Pope .
As an individual, he does what he has to do ,tell people what
will take away their future, but He does not make the rules.
A higher power does that, .
Of that I AM SURE, but then, when did evil ever see the writing on the wall ?

A Time for Every Purpose

you don't hear about them for a few reasons

1) Ex gay therapy's have all the scientific value of wet toilet tissue in fact there have shown to be harmful to the people who use them

2) All ex gay therapies do is brainwashing and are mostly run by anti gay groups or by anti gay fundamentalist Christian regions which then get those brainwashed people to join their church!!!

3) For all the brainwashed ex gays out there there stories of people coming out of it and releasing who they really are and there are many high profile cases of this as well

The one thing that is clear ,in all permanent 'gay' charts ,is an inablity to see
beyond ,to see the consequences of their own behaviour.
They do not accept that although change is very difficult, it is either that or
the consequences will be drastic.
Those who feel they 'need 'to have this experience,should have it ,but they must find a way back before it is too late.
The same can be said for those who are proud of their rebelliousness in other areas .
For some people it is caused by 'transits 'to a slightly weak chart ,to others who never change ,they are born that way ,but not created that way.

I do not expect you to listen or understand, but this is a Public website,and
I am speaking to those who would want to know.

A Time for Every Purpose

I don't really feel hatred towards anything. Such a strong emotion would be contrary to my ethical outlook, and whatever about an initial response to something, it would not be carried on after that.

As ever, with you, you hide behind obscurity and then pretend to have wisdom. State what you mean to say clearly. Let us see where you stand and on what rational basis you do so.
You hate the Catholic Church.
If you must then criticise it on given points instead of a blanket desire to see it disapppear entirely.
With that would go the good as well as the negativity.
It is almost quite funny ,but to find myself defending the Church is quite a surprise for me,but I do .

I hope that in the near future there will be really profound questioning about certain things,and especially reincarnation which in teality the church need not fear at all.
Unlike Buddhists who believe that the cycle of existence just goes on and on,
it is obvious that it is not quite like that.
Huge cycles of time come to an end ,and with them the chance of retribution.
The period in which a soul can be 'saved 'by relation with Jesus Christ is limited ,if quite long .
It is no coincidence that the West ,not just Ireland is heading down to disaster.

The reason for this is that there is completion of a cycle of approx .25,000 years,happening now.
The completion came with the start of Pisces,and the birth of Christ.
People exist on different levels of existence according to their level of conciousness and goodness or badness.
The point about Chist is that he gave an amnesty to those in 'hell'.
All they had to do was recognise him and ask for help.

My definition of good ness is to be prepared to sacrifice your selfish interests
for a greater good ,which begins with your family and your neighbour,but in time opens out to others.
It is to recognise the creator as the source of all that is positive and creative .
The FALL happened because of selfish and limited narcissm,especially in the
relation to sex,which is one of the compulsive 'sins'.
The universe allows for a continuing, eternal existence of creativity, if we accept only one rule,and that is not to enter the house of death and corruption.
This takes us down to hell,and away from GOD ,and begins right here on this earth.
In the charts of individuals,you can see those who have broadly been saved and those who have not,but there is still a little time.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies