Pope Francis and the GREAT ACCUSER ( Satan ) unchained and is attacking bishops

robut

Pope Francis: the Great Accuser is trying to uncover sins to cause scandal

'In these times, it seems like the Great Accuser has been unchained and is attacking bishops,' the Pope said

The Great Accuser is trying to uncover bishops’ sins in order to scandalise the people, Pope Francis has said.

In a homily at Casa Santa Marta on Tuesday morning, the Pope told bishops that they seem to be under attack from the devil.

The best way for bishops to fight this, he added, is by being men of prayer who remain close to the people and who have the humility to remember they were chosen by God, Vatican News reports.
Satan is the Great Accuser mentioned here in Revelations 12:10.

"And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying: 'Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ. For the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, he who accuses them day and night before our God."
So interpret this as you may. Many on good old social media are raging with their own interpretation of this.

If you can .. for context .. read the whole article and also checkthis .. direct from Vatican:

Pope Francis at Mass: Bishops must pray to overcome 'Great Accuser’

EDIT FOR CLARITY: I added this here ( most appropriate section at PIE ) to discuss things like has the world lost its believe in entities such as the devil and particularly EVIL. Have we moved to a point of sophistication & arrogance and know better? With religion etc being dumped by many & secularization the new "faith" .. if a devil did exist .. would now be a time ripe for evil to abound?

Last edited:

robut

One of the many interpretations ..

Pope Actually Compares Sex Abuse Whistleblower to Satan

Satan has been unleashed against the bishops of the Catholic Church, Pope Francis said Tuesday in a veiled reference to the former Vatican nuncio to the U.S., Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, as Breitbart reported.

Pope Francis, calling Satan “the great accuser” in his remarks, appeared to take aim at the man who has blown the whistle on the pope’s knowledge of sex abuse within the church.

robut

RIP Gabriel Amorth ....

Gabriele Amorth - Wikipedia

The Reverend Gabriele Amorth, SSP (1 May 1925 – 16 September 2016) was an Italian Roman Catholic Priest and an exorcist of the Diocese of Rome who performed tens of thousands of exorcisms over his half a dozen plus decades as a Catholic Priest.[2] As the appointed exorcist for the diocese of Rome, Father Amorth was the Vatican's Exorcist in Chief.

gerhard dengler

If you listen to Art Bells interviews with Malachi Martin on YouTube, interviews done during 1990's, martin attests to some bishops and cardinals telling him that they are under demonic oppression.

Pope Paul in 1968 spoke about the smoke of Satan being in the sanctuary.

robut

If you listen to Art Bells interviews with Malachi Martin on YouTube, interviews done during 1990's, martin attests to some bishops and cardinals telling him that they are under demonic oppression.

Pope Paul in 1968 spoke about the smoke of Satan being in the sanctuary.
And being "devils advocate" ( sorry :D ) .. lets consider for a moment that Satan and Evil by same is a reality. If so, are we now in an ideal world for this to flourish? No one believes anyone anymore, everything is fake news, you can believe what you like and justify same .. so on so on. All this applies to church itself also.

gerhard dengler

And being "devils advocate" ( sorry :D ) .. lets consider for a moment that Satan and Evil by same is a reality. If so, are we now in an ideal world for this to flourish? No one believes anyone anymore, everything is fake news, you can believe what you like and justify same .. so on so on.
Satan and evil are a reality. However and this is a very important point, both Satan and evil can only operate through human agency.

Satan/devil cannot become incarnate. In other words, he has many powers but he has no power to take human form (he cannot create other matter either).

Therefore in order for evil to spread, there has to be human agency.

I think evil has flourished throughout human history. I'm not sure that these times are more, or less, evil than certain other times in history.

robut

Satan and evil are a reality. However and this is a very important point, both Satan and evil can only operate through human agency.

Satan/devil cannot become incarnate. In other words, he has many powers but he has no power to take human form (he cannot create other matter either).

I think evil has flourished throughout human history. I'm not sure that these times are more, or less, evil than certain other times in history.
BUT .. especially these days with religion etc being dumped by many, secularization the new "faith" and the Church not doing itself any favours by not dealing properly with many scandals ( abuse etc ) .. MANY dont believe in a Satan or in evil as something that can be coaxed to spread by such a force as Satan. So we have a perfect environment surely for a Satan to work in at the moment, if he/she were real, causing doubt and unrest within people?

Half Nelson

I watched an exorcism once. The exorcist was gung-ho until the possessed woman said something to him in a low voice. He shrivelled and withdrew.
I asked another person 'in the know' what had happened. I was told that the demon had told the exorcist his unconfessed sin.

Suit yourself.

robut

Where Is Satan Most Visibly Active Today?

So, our weapon against Satan in this world is truth — especially the truth of the gospel of the cross of Christ. Our great mission is the deliverance of the world. Tell them the truth. Spread the truth. Defend the truth. Live the truth. As Jesus said, “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32). Free from sin. Free from Satan.
If truth is the weapon against Satan then we live in interesting times where that weapon is no more in our post truth world?

gerhard dengler

BUT .. especially these days with religion etc being dumped by many, secularization the new "faith" and the Church not doing itself any favours by not dealing properly with many scandals ( abuse etc ) .. MANY dont believe in a Satan or in evil as something that can be coaxed to spread by such a force as Satan. So we have a perfect environment surely for a Satan to work in at the moment, if he/she were real, causing doubt and unrest within people?
Fair points.

It has always been catholic teaching, for example, that evil and Satan exist.
Catholicism would argue that all sin is rooted in the premise that satans intent is to reign in this life and in the next life. Either dominion.

It is perfectly logical, and very cunning, that Satan would target every single holder of the belief in God. It also makes perfect sense for him to try to infiltrate organisations like the church. It is as old as time itself, and the old rogue knows exactly which buttons to try to press in order to try to persuade each one of us to behave in a sinful way. He is lethal in that regard. Many probably don't even realise that their own behaviour is sinful.

So yes, it is a means to his end to eradicate, obscure, the notion of sin. There is no such thing as sin, in Satan's view. All behaviour which is contrary to God is good.

You see what's happening here? Every principle of morality becomes inverted, with Satan. Sin becomes virtue. Virtue becomes sin. And better still if the mugs can't distinguish between virtue and sin

Sync

It sounds like a religious slant on a speech Stringer Bell would give his crew. "it feels like the police are all up on you, trying to make a name for themselves. What you gotta do is stay close to the streets, let those people know what's up"

Or stop selling drugs. Or raping children as in this case.

Half Nelson

The greatest evil of modern times is that so many people cannot recognise evil and even believe great evils to be good.
A third world war is raging as we speak, claiming millions of lives, and few give it a thought.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

edit: I see GD has covered this topic above. :)

gerhard dengler

I watched an exorcism once. The exorcist was gung-ho until the possessed woman said something to him in a low voice. He shrivelled and withdrew.
I asked another person 'in the know' what had happened. I was told that the demon had told the exorcist his unconfessed sin.

Suit yourself.
No doubt about it.
It gives one some insight into the cunning and the malevolence of the demonic. Their force is huge

To be an exorcist the candidate must be of excellent character.
One of the saddest cases I've read about is where an attempted exorcism by a non catholic went terribly wrong, and the "exorcist" themselves ended up having to plead with the local catholic bishop to be exorcised.

Half Nelson

No doubt about it.
It gives one some insight into the cunning and the malevolence of the demonic. Their force is huge

To be an exorcist the candidate must be of excellent character.
One of the saddest cases I've read about is where an attempted exorcism by a non catholic went terribly wrong, and the "exorcist" themselves ended up having to plead with the local catholic bishop to be exorcised.
My (then) local curate was approached by two young men who asked for his help following a session with a ouija board. He said people have no idea of the extent of what's out there.

Having got to know him I was given a newfound respect for the challenges that priests are faced with.
Popes and bishops may administrate and lead, but the real work is done quietly and humbly by a silent army of priests.
It's no surprise that Satan first infiltrated the priesthood.

robut

So have we got so "sophisticated" & arrogant that we now believe we are actually post Satan, post evil? No real proof of a Satan or a God or Jesus or Religion for that matter .. "Shur thats all cods wallop, fake stuff, we know better" .. so default position is if no proof then something does not exist?

Again an ideal playground for a Satan to sow his/her ways without any real hindrance at all?

gerhard dengler

My (then) local curate was approached by two young men who asked for his help following a session with a ouija board. He said people have no idea of the extent of what's out there.

Having got to know him I was given a newfound respect for the challenges that priests are faced with.
Popes and bishops may administrate and lead, but the real work is done quietly and humbly by a silent army of priests.
It's no surprise that Satan first infiltrated the priesthood.
Where I was educated, the priests in our school served for many years in Africa and South America. The stories by these men about Africa and the practice of witchcraft there were frightening. These men would have served there during 1950/60's. All of these men spoke well of their chief Marcel Lefebvre. He expanded their mission hugely.

Half Nelson

So have we got so sophisticated that we now believe we are actually post Satan, post evil? No real proof of a Satan or a God or Jesus or Religion for that matter .. "Shur thats all cods wallop, fake stuff, we know better" .. so default position is if no proof then something does not exist? If so .. WHAT Arrogance this is?

Again an ideal playground for a Satan to sow his/her ways without any real hindrance at all?
We have substituted relativism and sentimentalism for objectivity. Facts no longer matter and reason is ridiculed. And some such people have nuclear weapons.
The human race is losing its way. It won't end well.

Half Nelson

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies