• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Pope Francis continues to surprise snubs papal apartments to live in Vatican guesthouse

ne0ica

The new guy is one cool dude. He continues to surprise us. He is redefining the Papacy.

'Pope Francis I will be the first pope in 100 years who has chosen not to live at the papal apartments on the third floor of the Apostolic Palace.

Jesuit Father Federico Lombardi, the Vatican’s spokesman, revealed on Tuesday that the new leader of the Catholic Church will remain at the guesthouse where he has been staying since the conclave elected him.

He will move into the slightly more elegant suite 201 at the Domus Sanctae Marthae guesthouse, which has a reception room. The guesthouse was built in 1996 to accommodate cardinals visiting for the conclave.

The Vatican spokesman told the National Catholic Reporter “He is experimenting with this type of living arrangement, which is simple," but allows him "to live in community with others.”

Pope Francis continues to surprise - snubs papal apartments to live in Vatican guesthouse | Irish News | IrishCentral

LamportsEdge

This is the second thread on this subject in the same section of the forum launched by the same poster inside a couple of minutes- despite the subject of the papal apartment story being mentioned in an existing thread.

Are the mods aware of these techniques or just playing dumb?

Bill

don't think this requires two threads

ne0ica

wasn't aware, tread has been closed.

LamportsEdge

'Wasn't aware' .. despite launching two threads on the same subject within minutes of each other?

LamportsEdge

Also on the 'New Pope is Jorge Maria Bergoglio' thread Dark Knight posted this in post 1756.

Pope Francis to live in Vatican guesthouse, not papal apartments

Vatican City

Pope Francis has decided not to move into the papal apartments in the Apostolic Palace, but to live in a suite in the Vatican guesthouse where he has been since the beginning of the conclave that elected him, said Jesuit Fr. Federico Lombardi, Vatican spokesman.

"He is experimenting with this type of living arrangement, which is simple," but allows him "to live in community with others," both the permanent residents -- priests and bishops who work at the Vatican -- as well as guests coming to the Vatican for meetings and conferences, Lombardi said Tuesday. ...
Hopefully, this makes it slightly less likely that he will become a prisoner of the Vatican Curia.

Kevin Doyle

The new guy is one cool dude. He continues to surprise us. He is redefining the Papacy.

'Pope Francis I will be the first pope in 100 years who has chosen not to live at the papal apartments on the third floor of the Apostolic Palace.

Jesuit Father Federico Lombardi, the Vatican’s spokesman, revealed on Tuesday that the new leader of the Catholic Church will remain at the guesthouse where he has been staying since the conclave elected him.

He will move into the slightly more elegant suite 201 at the Domus Sanctae Marthae guesthouse, which has a reception room. The guesthouse was built in 1996 to accommodate cardinals visiting for the conclave.

The Vatican spokesman told the National Catholic Reporter “He is experimenting with this type of living arrangement, which is simple," but allows him "to live in community with others.”

Pope Francis continues to surprise - snubs papal apartments to live in Vatican guesthouse | Irish News | IrishCentral
He could live down a hole in the desert for all I care.

Whether hes in the papal apartments (which would put QEII to shame) or a Vatican Guesthouse which is equivalent to a high ceiling-ed town house in Rathgar he'll still get everything handed to him, haute cuisine, expensive wine, tailored clothes, fine linen, warm and cosy and wanting for nothing.

Its his edicts that will define him and so far its just more of the same. Conservative Catholicism.

Zerubbabel

Contrary to the spin, the papal apartments are fairly plain anyway, but as long as he does a good job running the church I don't care which apartment he lives in.

LamportsEdge

ne0ica

Contrary to the spin, the papal apartments are fairly plain anyway, but as long as he does a good job running the church I don't care which apartment he lives in.
They are. And Benedict hardly struck me as the type of fella who was living the high life.

Kevin Doyle

The papal apartments were already fairly plain anyway, but as long as he does a good job running the church I don't care which apartment he lives in.
What?

LamportsEdge

Mods could we please consider merging this thread with the 'New Pope is Jorge Maria Bergoglio' thread?

I don't see why chancers like this should not only be allowed to blurt their mediterranean cult related stuff across the forum but to do so in a blatant attempt at a sort of spam. The news item here is already on that other thread.

Thanks.

ne0ica

He could live down a hole in the desert for all I care.

Whether hes in the papal apartments (which would put QEII to shame) or a Vatican Guesthouse which is equivalent to a high ceiling-ed town house in Rathgar he'll still get everything handed to him, haute cuisine, expensive wine, tailored clothes, fine linen, warm and cosy and wanting for nothing.

Its his edicts that will define him and so far its just more of the same. Conservative Catholicism.
Heaven forbid. He is afterall the head of the Catholic Church. I would never dream of telling the Ecumenical Patriarch of the Orthodox Church, Archbishop of Canterbury or the Dali Lama how to run their churches and religions.

ne0ica

mods could we please consider merging this thread with the 'new pope is jorge maria bergoglio' thread?

I don't see why chancers like this should not only be allowed to blurt their mediterranean cult related stuff across the forum but to do so in a blatant attempt at a sort of spam. The news item here is already on that other thread.

Thanks.
troll

Sync

New person in charge of organisation crippled with horrendously negative PR takes substance free publicity friendly steps without actually tackling the real problems. Never seen that before.