Pope Francis invites us to celebrate St. Valentine's Day!

Blokesbloke

In his document on the Joy of Love (Amoris Laetitia), Pope Francis refers directly to St. Valentine's Day as an opportunity to make the most of traditional religious practices, invite couples to grow in love, and help their children to prepare for future married life.

Echoing the words of today's Gospel, we are urged to become a little more 'salty' in our relationships, i.e. to preserve and enhance the Love in our interactions with each other.

The World Meeting of Families office has ideas on how to mark this special day with downloadable gift tokens that you can give to loved ones on 14th February. These include a 'technology-free evening to do an activity of your choice', 'a time for prayer together', 'a hand-in-hand walk', 'time for memory lane', 'loads of tender hugs', 'a special dinner cooked by me', etc.

Celebrate the Joy of Love this St Valentine’s Day! – World Meeting of Families

So don't say you haven't been given ample notice...will it be the tired old box of Maltesers and wilted garage carnations at 6pm again this year, or will you make the effort to be 'saltier' this St Valentine's Day?
I read that as a hand-in-hand wánk.

Sounds more fun than most of the others... "a time for prayer together"? Please!

McTell

OP

..., invite couples to grow in love, and help their children to prepare for future married life.....?

Sex, sex, sex, it's all we ever think about .... :lol:

[video=youtube;U0kJHQpvgB8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8[/video]

Ellen Ripley

That's a great point, Ellen.
A small measure of luck helps as well.
It's a great foundation for adult life, a Gift, to be in a happy family environment as a child.

Material things mean little if they haven't been lucky enough to have that.

Cruimh

In his document on the Joy of Love (Amoris Laetitia), Pope Francis refers directly to St. Valentine's Day as an opportunity to make the most of traditional religious practices, invite couples to grow in love, and help their children to prepare for future married life.

Echoing the words of today's Gospel, we are urged to become a little more 'salty' in our relationships, i.e. to preserve and enhance the Love in our interactions with each other.

The World Meeting of Families office has ideas on how to mark this special day with downloadable gift tokens that you can give to loved ones on 14th February. These include a 'technology-free evening to do an activity of your choice', 'a time for prayer together', 'a hand-in-hand walk', 'time for memory lane', 'loads of tender hugs', 'a special dinner cooked by me', etc.

So don't say you haven't been given ample notice...will it be the tired old box of Maltesers and wilted garage carnations at 6pm again this year, or will you make the effort to be 'saltier' this St Valentine's Day?
Might stretch to a Jumbone for Marley-toad.

Ellen Ripley

Probably not, on the other hand the opposite can put one off for life!
True, unfortunately, for many. But maybe they have an advantage in that they also know what to avoid, if they experience marital disharmony first hand?

Our childhoods are the making of us, and kids get little say in it.

Cue Larkin poem in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,....

Bill

Sounds more fun than most of the others... "a time for prayer together"? Please!
Is that like the double Dutch rudder

Ellen Ripley

Now, now, BB, you gave me a 'typo-scare' there for a second!

What's wrong with being finding your spiritual side together? The best love Music of all is 'Soul', isn't it? :rolleyes:

And there's nothing more romantic than Catholicism-- incense, candles, a soaring organ toccato...

Analyzer

You were doing fine until you used the word Malteser.

At that point I had to 'bailout'. It was simply to taxing.

redhead

True, unfortunately, for many. But maybe they have an advantage in that they also know what to avoid, if they experience marital disharmony first hand?

;)

Rural

Sorry this took so long.

This Be the Verse
Philip Larkin

They fukk you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fukked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any kids yourself.

Ellen Ripley

You were doing fine until you used the word Malteser.

At that point I had to 'bailout'. It was simply to taxing.

Well spotted!

Most people don't fully read OPs to get the references..;)

toughbutfair

Planned romance just isn't romantic. Once the initial spark of a new romance dies nothing turns a woman on like coming home to a clean house and food cooked. Sad but true.

Spanish speakers call it your partner for life your "media naranja " which means your half orange (doesn't translate too well) , but I agree with the concept.

Treat your mrs on a different day, doesn't have to cost money. Not too PC but I think all women want the love and support of a man.

Ellen Ripley

Might stretch to a Jumbone for Marley-toad.
You can have the 'togetherness' stroll and the 'trip down memory lane' too.

And you'll get no dissent .:)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom