Pope Francis Takes Twelve Refugees To The Vatican.

Radix

Being reported now, that the Pope has taken six children and six adults with him back to the Vatican, after a visit to a detention centre in Lesbos.

Surely now, we must know the right way to react to the great humanitarian need of our fellow brothers and sisters.

[video=youtube;XE0FrPQDiQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE0FrPQDiQs[/video]

statsman

This was reported yesterday, was it not? The new apostles?

drummed

Reported at least one, maybe two days ago. Was all over the news in fact.

But thanks for the tip off anyway and alerting us.

flavirostris

Jaysus. Between this guy and the rich celeb do-gooders like Jude Law & Bono, Europe is fooked. I want to see a celebrity putting up razor wire fence somewhere in Macedonia or Hungary. Maybe Chuck Norris will step up to the plate.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Humming:

" You got to make a gesture or two, you got to make a gesture or two".(or, twelve to make a clever political/religious point) :rolleyes:petunia

asset test

CC still looking for money at the Sunday Mass.

To look after the minimal new recruits, to pay for the existing priests, and to fund the Vatican.

So a relative who actually goes to church tells me.

WTAF.

Still, Francis has a nice demeanour, good for him, not knocking it, about time too someone came along and got with the program. LOL.

not like the other Rasputin before him.

sport02

How many has Peter Sutherland put up in his homes in Zurich, London, Dublin and Spain?
He never stops banging on about the refugees on twitter and RTÉ too. Problem is, nobody out in Montrose ever asks him that question.

gerhard dengler

Far better that ISIS are flattened and that Syrian refugees can return to their homeland.

Pope Francis humanitarian assistance to those people is great, but this assistance is not dealing with the actual problem.

edited : typo.:oops:

Last edited:
Fair better that ISIS are flattened and that Syrian refugees can return to their homeland.

Pope Francis humanitarian assistance to those people is great, but this assistance is not dealing with the actual problem.
He himself described it as a "gesture". If that's what it is it still has value.

I like this guy.

drummed

He himself described it as a "gesture". If that's what it is it still has value.

I like this guy.
dangle is a committed Catholic and total Christian. As you can see from his reaction.

Old Mr Grouser

Being reported now, that the Pope has taken six children and six adults with him back to the Vatican, after a visit to a detention centre in Lesbos ...
The Vatican said it will take responsibility for supporting the families, who will initially be settled by the Catholic Sant'Egidio community.

“The Pope’s initiative was brought to fruition through negotiations carried out by the Secretariat of State with the competent Greek and Italian authorities,” a spokesperson added.

“All the members of the three families are Muslims. Two families come from Damascus, and one from Deir ez-Zor, in an area occupied by Isis. Their homes had been bombed.”

Pope Francis takes three families of Syrian refugees on plane back to Rome from Greek island of Lesbos | Europe | News | The Independent
On the whole it's a good thing, and there could be a case for some refugee programme that involved individual sponsors pledging to house and financially support incoming refugees.

There were such schemes, overseen by national Red Cross organisations, that rescued German Jews in 1939 (the UK's Kindertransport, for example).

As a footnote, and I don't want to carp on about this, you do have to wonder about yet another extension of the Vatican City's extraterritorial authority within Italy (and so within the EU).

Radix

Fair better that ISIS are flattened and that Syrian refugees can return to their homeland.

Indeed.

But as Stalin asked, 'how many armies does the Pope have?'

The Pope is not in the Stalinesque 'army business', and neither should we be. Rather we should all be in the business of rescuing the stranded, and showing love to those who have experienced little of it due to no fault of their own.

There is a story told about a man walking a beach, who observed a young boy ferrying perhaps five or six of the hundreds of thousands of crabs who would die on it, due to heat exposure following a high tide which would ultimately kill them because of the distance from the sea it had carried them, back to that same sea which would enable them to keep living.

He said to the boy, 'your efforts will hardly make a difference, look at all the rest of these crabs'.

The little boy looked at him, and down into his bucket, and said, "yes, but it will make a huge difference to these crabs".

I trust you get my point.

Old Mr Grouser

Y

12 (Muslims) equates to 1.5% of Vatican population. That may be the lesson.
But they aren't going to the Vatican - the thread title is wrong - they'll be staying in Italy, with a Catholic lay organisation, the Sant'Egidio community - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_of_Sant'Egidio - and however the debits and credits are written down the costs will actually be met by the usual "Pray, Pay and Obey" crowd.

Run_to_da_hills

Sounds like some symbolic pi*ss take of the last supper.

This current pope is the devil hiding behind the Bible :evil:

drummed

Indeed.

The Pope is not in the Stalinesque 'army business', and neither should we be. Rather we should all be in the business of rescuing the stranded, and showing love to those who have experienced little of it due to no fault of their own.

There is a story told about a man walking a beach, who observed a young boy ferrying perhaps five or six of the hundreds of thousands of crabs who would die on it, due to heat exposure following a high tide which would ultimately kill them because of the distance from the sea it had carried them, back to that same sea which would enable them to keep living.

He said to the boy, 'your efforts will hardly make a difference, look at all the rest of these crabs'.

The little boy looked at him, and down into his bucket, and said, "yes, but it will make a huge difference to these crabs".

Christian parables will be wasted on dangle. He's a Catholic you know! :rolleyes:

drummed

Sounds like some symbolic pi*ss take of the last supper.

This current pope is the devil hiding behind the Bible :evil:
I bet you have the numbers to back this remarkable claim up? You've already identifies several other suspects as the devil in the recent past. You keep flip-flopping on this matter.

ygargarin

But they aren't going to the Vatican - the thread title is wrong - they'll be staying in Italy, with a Catholic lay organisation, the Sant'Egidio community - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_of_Sant'Egidio - and however the debits and credits are written down the costs will actually be met by the usual "Pray, Pay and Obey" crowd.
This article indicates they will be staying in the Vatican. Pope Francis hailed as saviour by Syrian refugees taken in by Vatican | World news | The Guardian

gerhard dengler

Indeed.

I do take your point.

The international community need to flatten ISIS, and repatriate the Syrian refugees.
That solution is the only long term and sustainable solution.

That solution would kill three birds with one stone.
It would alleviate social tensions in Europe as a result of the refugee crisis, it would allow refugees to go back to the country of origin and it would consign to history forever the ISIS objective of creating a caliphate.

asset test

Vatican is corrupt.

Under the covers.

Anyway how many millions is engendered from entrance fees to the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican museum?

What do they do with that loot?

I suppose they fund refugees and orphans and all that. Well done them.

New Threads

Most Replies