• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Half Nelson

Here we have the very definition of "fake news".

This story is bunkum but it's interesting to read the way in which so many people can be taken in despite there never being so much information so easily available.

fat finger

Perhaps the Pope's foreign accent caused the misunderstanding
Journalist: Any plans for December?
Pope: There is Noel

making waves

The Vatican is pushing back on the interview saying that the comments were the result of Scalfaro's "reconstruction".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-no-hell-not-quite-vatican-insists/470442002/

I'll add this to the OP.
This is hilarious - I can imaging the bishops charged with 'fund-raising' running in and saying 'Francie - what are you doing - why would anyone give us money if we can't put the fear of God into them by threatening them with eternal fire and damnation in hell?'

On a personal level - I would happily 'disappear' than have to spend an eternity praising and adoring an egotistical, maniacal, misogynist who demands utter obedience. That would be my idea of hell.

Wascurito

This is hilarious - I can imaging the bishops charged with 'fund-raising' running in and saying 'Francie - what are you doing - why would anyone give us money if we can't put the fear of God into them by threatening them with eternal fire and damnation in hell?'

On a personal level - I would happily 'disappear' than have to spend an eternity praising and adoring an egotistical, maniacal, misogynist who demands utter obedience. That would be my idea of hell.
Well done! You've won The Atheist of the Week Award!

Maranatha

Well that's honest. I just don't understand why people hate their Creator so much. He created everything even hell itself for the devil and his angels.

edg

When I was in school in the 80s we were thought that there is no hell in the sense of fire and brimstone. It was explained as an absence of God. Maybe others were thought differently, but this is nothing new to me.
I don’t think Jesus mentioned hell as a fiery place either.

ger12

Reports are emerging tonight that Pope Francis has cast doubt on the existence of Hell.

Now, I'm sure most of us will be aware that the teachings of most Christian Churches (including the Roman Catholic Church) affirm the realness of hell and its neverendingness. After death, the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, that is, "eternal fire."

Eleven years after the abolition of Limbo, has Hell also been abolished? Scripture says of those who inherit Saint Peter's role: whatever [they] bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever [they] loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Does this apply to Hell too?

Pope says no one goes to hell, sinners just 'disappear' - report

The Vatican is pushing back on the interview saying that the comments were the result of the interviewer's "reconstruction".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-no-hell-not-quite-vatican-insists/470442002/
Hell is the place we put ourselves into before we die. Same for heaven. This is it folks, nothing comes after this life, make the most of it.

Wascurito

Hell is the place we put ourselves into before we die. Same for heaven. This is it folks, nothing comes after this life, make the most of it.
Do you not believe in Purgatory?

wombat

Anyone spent a Friday night in Holyhead?:lol:

ruserious

Hopefully by the end of his Papacy, Frank will accept there is no heaven either.

bokuden

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom