Pope Says SOmething Honest: Shocker

statsman

You have to agree:

Pope: It’s better to be an atheist than… | New York Post

Pope Francis delivered another criticism of some members of his own Church on Thursday, suggesting it is better to be an atheist than one of “many” Catholics who he said lead hypocritical double lives.
He said some of these people should also say “‘my life is not Christian, I don’t pay my employees proper salaries, I exploit people, I do dirty business, I launder money, (I lead) a double life.'”
In this forum as he's head of a foreign state.

ruserious

Great. I'm one step better than a money launderer in the eyes of the Pope.

D

Deleted member 17573

Good for him, nobody ever said Christianity was easy, and all he is doing is stating the most basic principles of that religion.

GDPR

Well anything is better than to be an Irish Catholic from the 26. At least European Catholics have a whole intellectual and artistic tradition behind them and Nordie "Catholics" never believed this sh*t was the issue anyway.

Reminds me of my old Head Nun at the convent, who after a weekend going charismatic at Corrymeela, announced to us gels at Assembly, "You dont have to an atheist to be a Christian!"

And my best mate replied - sotto voce - "And you dont have to be a girl to be a boy".

Actually Best Mate was more on the money given the dick-vag pissing thread on Pie :D

ergo2

Apparently he is not the real pope,

Some class of a usurper or pretender :D
That is only in the minds of those hung up on thoughts of schism, heresy, and numbers of angels dancing on pins - from which most have moved on centuries ago.

I think he was an inspired choice for that job - ad multos annos.

Black Swan

I love this guy.

mr_anderson

Man who occasionally wears a dress & a pointy hat* tells me I'm less hypocritical than some of his friends.

Not really going to make a jot of difference to me.

*The pope, not blokesbloke.

statsman

Man who occasionally wears a dress & a pointy hat* tells me I'm less hypocritical than some of his friends.

Not really going to make a jot of difference to me.

*The pope, not blokesbloke.
I'd say bloke's hat is gently curved.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies