Pope to allow priests to forgive sin of abortion.

StarryPlough01

TFM

FYI, below link - quoting Cardinal George Pell - was posted on the Tuam thread:

Some Catholics are ‘unnerved’ by current events in the Church, says Cardinal Pell – CatholicHerald.co.uk

Your comments on same:

The RCC has always accepted the inviolability of the human conscience .
The doctrine of invincible ignorence was elaborated IINM about 200 years ago.

God is supreme freedom.
Therefore the nearer one approaches God the freer one becomes.

Only the RCC provides the methods and process to achieve such freedom.

Again, for your information, poster stopdoingstuff posted a quote where there is precedent from rabbis on Matthew.

"Binding and loosing" is a phrase which comes from the rabbis. It refers to the authority to make decisions binding on the people of God.

This authority includes interpreting and applying the Word of God and admitting people to and excommunicating them from the community of faith. For the Jews this meant the community of Israel. For Christians this means the Church.

In Matthew 16:19 Jesus gives this authority over his Church to Peter: "Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in heaven."

The other part of his post was heaping nonsense on nonsense (dogma).

stopdoingstuff

I observed you cyber clubbing on other threads, and completely ignoring this one (and my question politely directed at you); and again even after TFM had answered my question - to you - on your behalf. You should thank TFM who is committed to discussing the truth.

No-one here stopyoudoingstuff.
That is because this thread is not very important other than serving as an opportunity for the usual suspects to have a bigoted smack at the Church.

StarryPlough01

That's fascinating. I totally care about your opinions.
You can't stopdoingstuff, tho' ... you are compelled to react.

Who knows, one day you might stop-doing(dogma)stuff, and think for yourself, and then you can have a conversation.

Old Mr Grouser

It's hilarious to watch all the supposed 'non-Catholics' getting their knickers in a twist over something the leader of the Catholic Church said to Catholics. :D

G'way and get a life!
The problem is that what the Pope said is open to misinterpretation.

A pro-abortion Brazilian “bioethics” institute affiliated with Planned Parenthood has launched a social media campaign featuring a smiling Pope Francis and the slogan: “Women who have abortions: there are thousands in Brazil. All forgiven by Pope Francis.”

The ad, originating from the Instituto de Bioetica, or ANIS, appears on Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp.

New misleading pro-abortion campaign slogan: ‘All forgiven by Pope Francis’

New Threads

Top Bottom