Populist ideas of climate change

Húrin

I was outside the Dáil this morning to help the Shell to Sea group launch their Alternative Budget Proposal. I was speaking with a solitary protestor who was also there because today was budget day. We were speaking about the economy and mostly agreed about things but someone held up a climate change banner behind us.

He started talking about it and first thing he mentioned was Al Gore and how rich that American politician is! He thought that climate change was a hoax for the elite to become richer. It seems that now, many people imagine that climate change is an invention of the elite to cheat us all.

The reality could hardly be more different. Climate change is an (accidental) creation of the elite that happens to make most people's lives harder. I can only assume that people who think as this man I met does, are getting their information from American "sceptic" websites.

It is unfortunate that people are defending the very elites they think they defy, by attacking scientests who say that that climate change is real.

Roy Feen

I was outside the Dáil this morning to help the Shell to Sea group launch their Alternative Budget Proposal. I was speaking with a solitary protestor who was also there because today was budget day. We were speaking about the economy and mostly agreed about things but someone held up a climate change banner behind us.

He started talking about it and first thing he mentioned was Al Gore and how rich that American politician is! He thought that climate change was a hoax for the elite to become richer. It seems that now, many people imagine that climate change is an invention of the elite to cheat us all.

The reality could hardly be more different. Climate change is an (accidental) creation of the elite that happens to make most people's lives harder. I can only assume that people who think as this man I met does, are getting their information from American "sceptic" websites.

It is unfortunate that people are defending the very elites they think they defy, by attacking scientests who say that that climate change is real.
A great deal of people believe that climate change is not down to pollution etc but is historically cyclic and has been created by scientists to illicit further research funding. These people wear tin-foil hats and should be ignored.

Dredger

You don't have to visit any American sceptic websites to find out that it is a contrived crisis. David Rockefeller founded an "environmental" think tank/foundation in 1968 called the Club of Rome. The Club of Rome's membership is a who's who of the global elite and has been since its inception;

THE CLUB OF ROME - Full Members

I suggest you read some of their publications. The publication "The First Global Revolution" would be a good place to start.

Alexander King & Bertrand Schneider - The First Global Revolution (Club of Rome) 1993 Edition

Mercurial

I am not a scientist, but I know enough to recognise that understanding the climate requires a level of scientific expertise. The consensus amongst experts is that climate change is happening and that mankind is at least partially to blame. So I go along with this belief. Simple.

owedtojoy

You could have drawn his attention to the poorer countries of the Pacific and Indian Oceans who are already experiencing the loss of foreshore and agricultural land to sea level rise and storm surges.

He would probably insist they are making it up to cadge more money from the richer nations.

Deniers have an answer for everything. Everything except the evidence.

Climate change in Kiribati

owedtojoy

You don't have to visit any American sceptic websites to find out that it is a contrived crisis. David Rockefeller founded an "environmental" think tank/foundation in 1968 called the Club of Rome. The Club of Rome's membership is a who's who of the global elite and has been since its inception;

I suggest you read some of their publications. The publication "The First Global Revolution" would be a good place to start.
[
url=http://www.scribd.com/doc/2297152/Alexander-King-Bertrand-Schneider-The-First-Global-Revolution-Club-of-Rome-1993-Edition]Alexander King & Bertrand Schneider - The First Global Revolution (Club of Rome) 1993 Edition[/url]
So David Rockefeller founded a think tank in 1968, therefore global warming isn't happening?? Come on, that is just a silly conspiracy theory.

Here is a pictoral representation of the history of climate change.

A scientist named Glibert Plass was already warning about global warming in 1956 - when Al Gore was a schoolboy!

http://www.politics.ie/3260436-post3477.html

Here is a good video about him:

YouTube - Climate Science 1956: A Blast from the Past

Wakeupcall

The climate propaganda merchants are ready and waiting no matter what time of day it is. I wonder what country they are employed in to post pro climate change belief posts!

Wakeupcall

So David Rockefeller founded a think tank in 1968, therefore global warming isn't happening?? Come on, that is just a silly conspiracy theory.

Here is a pictoral representation of the history of climate change.

A scientist named Glibert Plass was already warning about global warming in 1956 - when Al Gore was a schoolboy!

http://www.politics.ie/3260436-post3477.html

Here is a good video about him:

YouTube - Climate Science 1956: A Blast from the Past
Ohhhh so this all goes back to when little Gore was a schoolboy. Did you have a crush on him then owed (I hear you are a female of sorts)? IS that where your fascination with him came from? :D

owedtojoy

Ohhhh so this all goes back to when little Gore was a schoolboy. Did you have a crush on him then owed (I hear you are a female of sorts)? IS that where your fascination with him came from? :D
When deniers have no evidence or arguments the have to fall back on inane posts like this one. Spam-for-brains.

Wakeupcall

Hey owed and co.

Post no.2 from a friend of yours said that skeptics are TIN FOIL HAT BRIGADE and insterted similar image.. From post 2 the thread was pathetic so I continued on the same ideals.

So the warmers are the most stupid looking idiots for all to see in this thread so far :D

Cassandra Syndrome

Tin-foil hat alert
How advanced is your knowledge on Solar Physics and the history of solar variance and the climate of the planet?

owedtojoy

Hey owed and co.

Post no.2 from a friend of yours said that skeptics are TIN FOIL HAT BRIGADE and insterted similar image.. From post 2 the thread was pathetic so I continued on the same ideals.

So the warmers are the most stupid looking idiots for all to see in this thread so far :D
I see you plunging further down the slope of stupidity and "smarter than you - na na na !!".

Maybe you should just stop digging.

Roy Feen

How advanced is your knowledge on Solar Physics and the history of solar variance and the climate of the planet?
Not sure.....what's a planet?

I'm afraid i'm going to side with the majority of the scientific community on this one....call me biased...

Cassandra Syndrome

Not sure.....what's a planet?

I'm afraid i'm going to side with the majority of the scientific community on this one....call me biased...
Cognitive Dissonance alert.

Wakeupcall

I see you plunging further down the slope of stupidity and "smarter than you - na na na !!".

Maybe you should just stop digging.
No, from post 2 without provocation the climate change proponants decided to act like children by calling skeptics tin foil hat brigade. From that point the thread became stupid anyway so the posts I posted are relevant and justified by you and co.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies