Portland considering banning the wearing of masks at a protest

Pyewacket

Unless it is Venice Carnivale, the purpose of wearing a mask is always to intimidate.

Any Hollywood horror movie will tell you that..

BTW, if I am exercising my democratic right to march and protest (freedom of assembly), I am not going to hide my face. I want the ****ers to know I am not scared of them, whoever they are.

benroe

No its not its a question about facts ffs.
You literally asked for a comparison between the two extremes in order to prove one was not as bad as the other, if this isn't whataboutery, then I don't know what is.
You say ad hominem is all I deserve, I'd say its all you are capable of.

amsterdemmetje

You literally asked for a comparison between the two extremes in order to prove one was not as bad as the other, if this isn't whataboutery, then I don't know what is.
You say ad hominem is all I deserve, I'd say its all you are capable of.
yes one is worse than the other ffs right wing extremist kill or injured more people than so called Antifa did last year by a mile that is a fact not whataboutery because I condemn the two of them you tool .i was pointing this fact out to Silverharp who said the far right only killed one person last year, that's about 49 people short of the truth. My point being you far right goons have great difficulty with fact and truth. I know you're simple but ffs.

benroe

yes one is worse than the other ffs right wing extremist kill or injured more people than so called Antifa did last year by a mile that is a fact not whataboutery because I condemn the two of them you tool .i was pointing this fact out to Silverharp who said the far right only killed one person last year, that's about 49 people short of the truth. My point being you far right goons have great difficulty with fact and truth. I know you're simple but ffs.
I commend you for condemning both, but your assertion that one is worse than the other, apart from showing your bias is false, there simply is no accounting for the actions of extremists, it would only take one loony left person a few hours to even the score. The fact is all violent extremists are bad, the colour of their flag is meaningless.

There is a dichotomy that people tend to ignore, Antifa are a reactionary group that opposes what it sees as fascism/Nazism, the far right is not a reaction to Antifa, its growth is as a result of Islamic extremism and the perception of mass immigration.

Do you see what I'm getting at?, If scores meant anything, and I don't think they do, but if they did then you would have to score right winger extremists by how many Antifa they attacked not by how many muslims.

edg

Good for Portland!

I always thought it strange people hiding their identities at protests.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Doesn't that mean that the police also would have to comply with identification procedures, such as numbers on their uniforms?

There are plenty of mobile phones at any demonstration or protest these days. Some years ago attempts were made to make it a legal offence to film police officers without permission- certainly in London but not sure whether nationally. One of those attempts overtaken by time and technology in a way.

If the police aren't prepared to be identified I see no reason why they should expect otherwise from the public.

New Threads

Most Replies