• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Possible Rathlin Island oil discovery.

DCon

Can we lend Bertie to the UK Coalition? He could arrange a good deal with Shell I am sure..

TaxHavenSite

Is this the area where up to 100 billion barrels were found a few years ago? I only heard about that for a little bit on the news,but it seemed like it was censored,along with other oil discoveries,when oil was going up in price.

bokuden

God I hope not. If they discover oil in the next few years, nothing will ever change!

What the Fug

Lads the last time an O Reilly found oil allot people got burnt, so I won't get me hopes up just yet

Squire Allworthy

If there is oil what would be the economic gains for NI? Is it well placed to take proper advantage or will it simply be shipped out.

Also is this right in the middle of a world heritage site? So will the value of the oil outweigh the potential value of tourists?

jpc

Is this the area where up to 100 billion barrels were found a few years ago? I only heard about that for a little bit on the news,but it seemed like it was censored,along with other oil discoveries,when oil was going up in price.
Think you are out by a few orders of magnitude.

jpc

there was a thread a few years ago,about a oil discovery off Ireland that contained as much as 100 billion barrels of oil.
That was a providence spoof.
The formation could potentially contain the above.
If the above was true you couldn't sail with oil rigs getting in your way.

Schomberg

little bit off topic, but why did the Irish government refuse a stake in Norwegian oil reserves back in the day? Don't know the ins and outs....

Skinner

Call up Putin and ask him to send us a few of their people.

Cut deals that make the oil companies get on bended knee to get at the oil/gas and do not under any circumstances allow the gombeens to cut a 'profit sharing' deal, we know how that would work out...

Basically, nationalise the whole lot.

constitutionus

Providence has been given a licence, nothing less and nothing more.

been following this myself for a while.

they got about 6 liscense IIRC over various loacatons so its just another notch in the belt.

doesnt mean anything till the black stuff reaches the surface, hence why the share price is so static.

still if it works out could be good for em. look at tullow. wasnt that long ago they were only a fiver a share.

thats the gamble you take though.

personally i cant see anything wrong with the country having access to traditional fuel reserves. theres worse fates that can befall ya

:)

st333ve

Providence has been given a licence, nothing less and nothing more.
I wasn't claiming oil reserves were certain, hence the word "possible" in the title.
However the article does state that during testing they have already found oil, which is more than merely having a license to drill.

gijoe

Will the People's Liberation Front of Rathlin Island be declaring Independence now?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies