• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Post office worker steals to support gamblin habit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanie Lemass

Interesting story here about manager of Gorey Post Office who stole from the office to support a losing 1.75 Euro million losing gambling streak.

Interesting thing to me as a punter who wins modestly is that not only did Paddy Power facilitate a 17.5% loss on a turnover of 10 million!!! They also brought him on sports junkets.

Now this is interesting because I know people who have had their accounts closed because they have won a few grand. Seriously. I myself have been refused modest (2/300 Euro) bets on GAA and NFL.

Doesn't say much for the sporting or other ethics of Mr. PP I'm afraid.

Post office manager who stole €1.75m for gambling habit jailed for three years - The Irish Times - Thu, Dec 20, 2012

/MOD/ There's a thread on this here: http://www.politics.ie/forum/justice/202750-paddy-powers-should-jailed-not-poor-mug-punter.html /MOD/

Status
Not open for further replies.