Potholes are back with Vengeance

commonman

i had to drive from Dundalk to Cavan town today, never in my life did i see roads in such a state, County Louth they are not that bad, but when i got in to Meath to Cavan From Ardee to Kingscourt i never seen the like and from Kingscourt to Baileieborough on to Cavan town they were very bad, What is it we pay car tax for, potholes every where, i dont know if it is the fault of our councils or government, it looks like we are going back to the 90s with our roads.

Socratus O' Pericles

They are indeed, even Dun Laoghaire Rathdown, which I guess is the wealthiest LA area in the country, is riddled with them.

Of course LAs aren't allowed to spend their own income on road maintenance, but that's a separate issue.

ger12

Two punctures in the last six weeks :mad:

Socratus O' Pericles

[video=youtube;6ylsTz2DgXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ylsTz2DgXc[/video]

midlander12

It's because of the incredibly hard winter we've had - gritting virtually every night where I live, and then snow and heavy rain doing further damage. All the byroads where I live were resurfaced last year and will now have to be done again.

statsman

What has the OP got against our fine natural landscape? every road is the Wild Atlantic Way.

Casablanca

A particularly bad winter with lots of rain pre-Xmas and snow/ice after didn’t help. Ice is, of course, a huge cause of tar breaking up. More traffic on the roads in an improving economy probably isn’t helping either.

commonman

What has the OP got against our fine natural landscape? every road is the Wild Atlantic Way.
Nothing, i just want to keep my car as long as i can, i pity anyone with a new car. mine is 7 years old i want to get another few years out of it.

mr_anderson

i had to drive from Dundalk to Cavan town today, never in my life did i see roads in such a state, County Louth they are not that bad, but when i got in to Meath to Cavan From Ardee to Kingscourt i never seen the like and from Kingscourt to Baileieborough on to Cavan town they were very bad, What is it we pay car tax for, potholes every where, i dont know if it is the fault of our councils or government, it looks like we are going back to the 90s with our roads.
It's due to increased building activity & the general economic recovery.
They both lead to more (very) heavy articulated lorries on the roads.

sic transit

Nothing, i just want to keep my car as long as i can, i pity anyone with a new car. mine is 7 years old i want to get another few years out of it.
You get good at dodging the holes! :D Should see some patching on them in the next month or so as we emerge from this never-ending winter.

shiel

The effing country was bankrupt some years ago.

Do you not remember?

Paddy{ie

It's due to increased building activity & the general economic recovery.
They both lead to more (very) heavy articulated lorries on the roads.
I travel that particular road every 6 weeks or so. It’s been a pothole job for at least three years. A disgrace. Must be no TDs living around there.

shiel

Do you not remember that in 2010 the government spent 103 bn euro and took in only 53 bn euro?

That was a result of tripling government expenditure and tripling bank lending by the people in charge of those institutions during the pre 2009 period.

As a result we have health, housing, homeless problems and are over-borrowed.

The people in charge pre-2009 and who are responsible for the mess are now complaining.

TakeitAll

You get good at dodging the holes! :D Should see some patching on them in the next month or so as we emerge from this never-ending winter.
That is most of the problem, bodge repair work, some lad with a shovel throws some chip in the hole, spray a bit of tar on it the they drive back and over it. No quality control.

blokesbloke

The effing country was bankrupt some years ago.

Do you not remember?
No, everyone had quite forgotten.

I understand it had something to do with the Media, Cheerleading, Shills, the Elite and that it was all Unacceptable In a Democratic Republic.

Gin Soaked

Two punctures in the last six weeks :mad:
That sucks. And if you had low profile big wheels, you could be adding a new wheel to that.

If you piesters are changing the car, stay away from big wheels. Don't upgrade.

As for the OP and Socrate's post. DLR roads are in utter sh1te..

shiel

No, everyone had quite forgotten.

I understand it had something to do with the Media, Cheerleading, Shills, the Elite and that it was all Unacceptable In a Democratic Republic.
And in the future the economic problems will have something to do with English racists declaring economic war on this former colony through voting for Brexit.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies