((Pow)) Adam West RIP

Levellers

The best ever Batman, Adam West, has died after a short illness. He was the iconic Batman and no follow up has ever bettered him in the role.

His career waned after the series ended (1966-68) and he mainly earned a living doing voice overs. His co-star Burt ward (Robin) said he was the wildest man off-screen he ever knew.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 45466

[video=youtube;RsYA8Gr5NTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYA8Gr5NTY[/video]

ne0ica

Sad. I watched reruns growing up. For me he is always the original Batman. RIP

Fullforward

Holy mackerel..............

[video=youtube;RLZQ3OLEJWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZQ3OLEJWE[/video]

An icon gone.

jpc

Gone to the Bat cave in the sky
RIP!

King of P.ie

Check out Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders. Animated movie based off the TV show, Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar all voice their respective characters from the TV show. It's not bad if your looking for some nostalgia. RIP

Mitsui2

His career waned after the series ended (1966-68) and he mainly earned a living doing voice overs. His co-star Burt ward (Robin) said he was the wildest man off-screen he ever knew.
I recall reading, at the time of the first of the revived Batman movies (the one with the soundtrack by Prince), that West had also been reduced to making personal appearances at functions and parties dressed in his old Batman outfit, but the marketing people for the new version got an injunction preventing him from using the Batman image.

I thought it was really mean at the time - still do, come to that.

artfoley56

I recall reading, at the time of the first of the revived Batman movies (the one with the soundtrack by Prince), that West had also been reduced to making personal appearances at functions and parties dressed in his old Batman outfit, but the marketing people for the new version got an injunction preventing him from using the Batman image.

I thought it was really mean at the time - still do, come to that.
Never knew that. If true, Warner Bros are a bunch of coonts.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies