• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Predicitons for the Silly Season

Binx

So the TDs are nearing their "summer break" and no doubt the media will have us all worked up into a frenzy over some issue that we could have went the rest of our natural lives without needing to be concerned with. Have ye noticed any trends in silly season stories and what do you think it will be this year? A murder trial is the obvious and easiest. I also think the U.S. election may water down the impact major silly season stories, but we do need something close to home to worry about for the summer. The economy and the health service will be given a rest as an issue but I expect will return with a vengance in september, but until then, any thoughts?

theyshootPDsdontthey

Property market booming again.

politicaldonations

Sindo will reveal Cowen has been living in fear of a lulu living in the wildneress of Offaly who has been stalking him.

Nudavongs

The weather says it. The banter says it. Ayn it de troof?

General Urko

We already had one lazy journalist story - hookers and pimps and Northern punters fleeing south to avoid, Northern Ireland's new anti sex worker laws and then calling for the same laws to be rushed in down here!
Laughably predictable nonsense, extracting the urine on a hugely serious issue - sex worker safety!

Nudavongs

We already had one lazy journalist story - hookers and pimps and Northern punters fleeing south to avoid, Northern Ireland's new anti sex worker laws and then calling for the same laws to be rushed in down here!
Laughably predictable nonsense, extracting the urine on a hugely serious issue - sex worker safety!
They're here already. As I type, the town square is swamped with leggy Lithuanians in faux fur coats and thigh boots up to their armpits.

Lara2

Why is the OP's avatar so big that it hides part of the post?

Also, "predictions" is misspelt.

Nudavongs

Why is the OP's avatar so big that it hides part of the post?

Also, "predictions" is misspelt.
I've seen that before on old posts. The avatars are just allowed grow and grow and no-one prunes them. The moderators need to do something.

capitalismrots

Enda Kenny falls in ditch riding his bike. Hits head and undergoes dramatic personality transformation.Takes to wearing surprisingly stylish leather jackets and constantly quotes French existential writers with elan attracting praise from Fintan O'Toole.

Nudavongs

Enda Kenny falls in ditch riding his bike. Hits head and undergoes dramatic personality transformation.Takes to wearing surprisingly stylish leather jackets and constantly quotes French existential writers with elan attracting praise from Fintan O'Toole.
Can we have tweed instead of leather jackets?

Mrwoody

Irish water to go bust and be wound up due to financial difficulty then taken over by a DOB company to keep the show on the road because hes such a nice guy.

General Urko

They're here already. As I type, the town square is swamped with leggy Lithuanians in faux fur coats and thigh boots up to their armpits.
What, you mean, their pimps don't have them chained to radiators and under 24 hour security?:rolleyes:

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Growing public cynicism will lead to boycott of GE16 until all the dirt is dished and Enda admits he is the paddy.

General Urko

Is that your thing?
No but it's the kind of shyte, TORLERS have been spoon feeding our media on the issue and they lap it up without questioning any figures or sources!

General Urko

Irish water claim success and that you will be the odd one out if you don't pay your bill immediately!

Public Sector Workers Want More And More And More!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies