• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Predict the Health Care Vote

Oreo Livermore

Pelosi now says that the vote in the House is to take place Sunday. Denis Kucinich is the latest NO voter to change his mind and he now says that he will vote for Obama's Health Bill. Nancy has the votes counted and it is now or never.

I believe that everyone can see that Obama is destroying the democrat party but the sitution is they are going to get wiped out anyway so some have accepted their fate and will vote for the bill.

I still believe that it will not pass. I expect that democrats in what were safe seats before Obama came along are now sweating. Massachusetts is a perfect example. The 10 House representatives say how Obama lost Ted Kennedy's seat so what chance have they. Maybe Lynch and Capuano will come to their senses and save themselves. Seven others are so stupid that they are on the USS Barak Titanic. The tenth has already announced that he is not seeking reelection

My Prediction. Obama Loses.

Lets hear from the self professed experts

liamfoley

States are gearing up to challenge the bill if it passes anyway, Texas AG Greg Abbott will be leading the way saying you can't force people to buy insurance.
The recent Democratic primaries chose a lot of conservative candidates so I do not think they will be wiped out in November, a minority most likely (even more so in the Senate) but not the rout predicted. This leads me to think they will be cautious and not ready to go out with a blaze of glory.

borntorum

It's gonna be passed. The Congressional Budget Office has today reported that the legislation would cost $940bn over ten years, and in this time reduce the budget deficit by $138bn. Kucinich on the left has shifted, as has anti-abortionist Kildee; expect more centrist Dems to now follow. Obama has cancelled a major visit to Asia to keep both eyes on the health vote. According to politico.com:

The decision to cancel his trip may look like a sign of urgency but it's also, in the language of Washington, a sign of tremendous confidence: You don't set the President of the United States up to experience humiliation in person. It's being taken right now by people on both sides of the fight as the clearest sign yet that Nancy Pelosi has the votes.

imokyrok

Who'd have thought those charming tea party members would be on the losing side.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ik4f1dRbP8"]YouTube- Tea Partiers Mock And Scorn Apparent Parkinson's Victim[/ame]

Raketemensch

Who here is an expert on the ridiculousness of the US political scene with its tea parties and shock jocks and other nonsense? Who gives a sh1t whether the Americans want to give all their money to insurance companies or not?

borntorum

Even Glenn Beck seems to have enough grasp of reality to see what's happening. After weeks of screaming about how America would be irrevocably changed if the legislation is passed, he's started off his show tonight saying that it wouldn't be the end of the road and that the fight would go on.

liamfoley

Bunch of freaks.

I wonder if YoungDan/Oreo is the guy showering him with notes. :lol:
Do you really want to turn this into a debate over who has the most obnoxious supporters just go ahead, plenty of videos to show you.

liamfoley

It's gonna be passed. The Congressional Budget Office has today reported that the legislation would cost $940bn over ten years, and in this time reduce the budget deficit by $138bn. Kucinich on the left has shifted, as has anti-abortionist Kildee; expect more centrist Dems to now follow. Obama has cancelled a major visit to Asia to keep both eyes on the health vote. According to politico.com:
Over ten years but nothing will be spent for next four years so that bill be 950bn over SIX years.

martino

Sorry about not being up to speed on this issue, but could someone tell me why people are opposed to universal health care in America? What's all the fuss about? Is it down to ideology, cost, or both?

SevenStars

Sorry about not being up to speed on this issue, but could someone tell me why people are opposed to universal health care in America? What's all the fuss about? Is it down to ideology, cost, or both?
Given that the same people arent opposed to huge military budgets I would say its comes down to hatred of the working class (particularly the bottom third of it).

SevenStars

Do you really want to turn this into a debate over who has the most obnoxious supporters just go ahead, plenty of videos to show you.
Would you be so kind as to do that?

hiding behind a poster

Pelosi now says that the vote in the House is to take place Sunday. Denis Kucinich is the latest NO voter to change his mind and he now says that he will vote for Obama's Health Bill. Nancy has the votes counted and it is now or never.

I believe that everyone can see that Obama is destroying the democrat party but the sitution is they are going to get wiped out anyway so some have accepted their fate and will vote for the bill.

I still believe that it will not pass. I expect that democrats in what were safe seats before Obama came along are now sweating. Massachusetts is a perfect example. The 10 House representatives say how Obama lost Ted Kennedy's seat so what chance have they. Maybe Lynch and Capuano will come to their senses and save themselves. Seven others are so stupid that they are on the USS Barak Titanic. The tenth has already announced that he is not seeking reelection

My Prediction. Obama Loses.

What a hilarious post. Obama is an extremely calculating individual, and won't have pushed for this vote without knowing he has the numbers. It will pass.

Húrin

imokyrok

Would you be so kind as to do that?
Well he could link to the video of Midge Houghs being heckled and booed by Obamacare supporters when she talked about the death of her daughter and unborn grandaughter a few weeks previously. Oh no wait that was tea partiers.

Well how about the attack on the 11 year old Marcelas Owens who's mother died when he was seven from lack of healthcare. Those well known Democrat idols Limbaugh, Beck and Malkin really went to town on him. Oh sorry wrong side again.

Well I just know I've seen loads of scary videos of Dems shaking signs at the poor tea party folk. What is the US coming to with all those nasty multi ethnic and disabled people tormenting god fearing white folk with their posters.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies