• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Predict the Sindo slant this week

Deep Throat

following Cowen acting the Clown in the Dail, along with his refusal to bail out the Tony O'Reilly owned Waterford Crystal, what slant will the Sindo take this week??

O'Connor will be pining for Bertie
FF Senator Harris will talk about U.S. Politics
John Drennan will cut Cowen (and Enda) to shreds
Loads of articles about the National Consumer Agency

what do ye reckon?

kerrynorth

Whatever about this week's Sindo. I am predicting an editorial on or before June 12 th with a 'it's payback time' strapline. :)

TheBear

<Mod>Moved to the Media forum.</Mod>

Bobkat

Oh My God. You guys are beyond satire. I was going to post a new Sindo thread every week as a joke. But you have beaten me to it- and are doing it for real. Hey, the Sindo is stuck to more than your arses- its stuck to your brains. You are true addicts of this great newsaper. The Sindo Marketing Department must be delighted with your constant free name checks and publicity. Well done !

thebrom

Website
blogs.greenparty.ie
Bobkat said:
Oh My God. You guys are beyond satire. I was going to post a new Sindo thread every week as a joke. But you have beaten me to it- and are doing it for real. Hey, the Sindo is stuck to more than your arses- its stuck to your brains. You are true addicts of this great newsaper. The Sindo Marketing Department must be delighted with your constant free name checks and publicity. Well done !
All publicity is not good publicity. Ask Bertie.

kerrynorth

Have not seen the Sindo yet but I have seen the SBP and Tribune.
The SBP has a story re Libertas. S.hit will hit the fan tomorrow.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
The question is kerrynorth who the public will believe. They know the press are in the tank for the yes side (other than the Mail and Irish Sun).

kerrynorth

Its all about perception FT and if you can implant a tag in the public mind then the specifics take a back seat and the optics of this are brutal.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
kerrynorth said:
Its all about perception FT and if you can implant a tag in the public mind then the specifics take a back seat and the optics of this are brutal.
If they have no visual proof then it's one sides word against anothers. I think the media is less influential in our politics than in previous years, as shown in the citizenship referendum and the result of the GE last year.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
Okay I've read the article in the SBP. Doesn't change my vote. It points out that while the Austrian group consulted Libertas, that there were no formal links between the 2 groups.

A Libertas spokesman confirmed to The Sunday Business Post that the group had been consulted by Rettet Österreich, but said there were ‘‘no formal links between the two groups’’.
Noone can be expected to know everything about the background of people with whom one has discussions. But that won't stop RTE and the elites trying to smear the no campaign. I trust in the Irish public's good sense to know a smear when they see one.

The SBP article by Pat Leahy adds:

It should be emphasised that there is no suggestion that Ganley, or any of his colleagues, or any of the other No campaigners, share any of the views of the Austrian campaigners - though it is believed that some of the extreme right may have attended when Ganley joined the Austrian demonstration, unbeknownst to him.

DeGaulle

FutureTaoiseach said:
The question is kerrynorth who the public will believe. They know the press are in the tank for the yes side (other than the Mail and Irish Sun).
FT,

the Irish Mail and the Irish Sun are cryptounionist papers

FutureTaoiseach

Website
DeGaulle said:
FutureTaoiseach said:
FT,

the Irish Mail and the Irish Sun are cryptounionist papers
There is no evidence their Irish editions are. The English editions yes. But for example the Scottish Sun supported the yes side on the Scottish parliament. So it's wrong to overgeneralise.

Gladiator

aggressivesecularist said:
I'm with bobkat on this one. These sindo joke threads are boring.
Yeah, Sindo threads only attract the headcases. Deep Throat just wishes the Sindo was supporting FG. In his dreams. Leave him to it.

Slartibuckfast

Website
www.5wwwww5.com
Deep Throat said:
following Cowen acting the Clown in the Dail, along with his refusal to bail out the Tony O'Reilly owned Waterford Crystal, what slant will the Sindo take this week??
I think their slant will be that the Provos done it.

pearlbarley

Hi there. Thank God someone else realises that the real place for a girl to have fun is on one of your many Sindo threads. Like Facebook with anonymity. A query. Can newcomers like me start a Sindo thread ?

jmcc

pearlbarley said:
A query. Can newcomers like me start a Sindo thread ?
Yes. But don't expect fawning praise for Haristotle.